Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How do you trust reviews of cookbooks?

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 2:58 pm
I'm a crazy recipe book collector and own almost all of them.
I own the good ones and the not so good ones.

Almost all of them were bought by looking for reviews online, but I've realized that alot of them comes from people who get it for free so they should share it on their instagram/facebook etc account. So of course it will be with great reviews.

(I'm not naming any cookbooks but I've seen the reviews of a few and they were really exaggerated after buying and checking out the cookbooks)

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:02 pm
I trust "real" people much more. I bought some cookbooks expecting heimish and got apricot jam and American ingredients... lol.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:07 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I trust "real" people much more. I bought some cookbooks expecting heimish and got apricot jam and American ingredients... lol.

That's exactly it! I also thought they're real people... oh well

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:
I'm a crazy recipe book collector and own almost all of them.
I own the good ones and the not so good ones.

Almost all of them were bought by looking for reviews online, but I've realized that alot of them comes from people who get it for free so they should share it on their instagram/facebook etc account. So of course it will be with great reviews.

(I'm not naming any cookbooks but I've seen the reviews of a few and they were really exaggerated after buying and checking out the cookbooks)

Borrow from the library. Try a few recipes. See if it's a book you want to purchase.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:18 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Borrow from the library. Try a few recipes. See if it's a book you want to purchase.

We don't have such a library where I live

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:22 pm
My husband and I collect cookbooks. We sometimes can read through them before buying, either irl or online. If not, then it's bound to happen unless maybe you can get other foodies to tell u

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 4:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:

There are also usually preview recipes in reviews and articles. See if they appeal to you. If they do, try the recipes before deciding if you should buy the book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen