Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Commuting from Monsey to Wall Street area

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 1:43 pm
Looking for advice on the easiest way to commute from Monsey to downtown Manhattan. I work downtown and I plan to move to Monsey iyh. Is it crazy to do this everyday?
I need some honest answers and advice.

Thanks

daughterofgod

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 2:18 pm
Depends on time of day that you wish to commute. The monsey bus has a couple of routes early morning that I used to take and it was quick and easy. no stops. hardly any traffic at that hour. I'm not sure about their schedule now though.
all other public transportation options take much longer (including nj transit and academy bus)
Carpooling you will also have more traffic because there are bus-only lanes so it takes them faster.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 2:32 pm
Do you recall how long the bus ride was ?

daughterofgod

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 2:43 pm
If I remember correctly, 45 minutes to 1.5 hr depending on route and which stop in manhattan. Wall street was the last stop so...

cheeseblintz

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 2:49 pm
It's a very long trip.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:33 pm
daughterofgod wrote:
If I remember correctly, 45 minutes to 1.5 hr depending on route and which stop in manhattan. Wall street was the last stop so...

Without traffic, without making several stops, it probably takes more than 45 minutes.

According to Waze, if you want to get to Wall Street at 8:30 am, you need to leave Monsey at 7 am. Add in time for different bus stops, its probably closer to 2 hours.

Could you drive or take public transit to Metro North? That might be faster.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:44 pm
Commuting from Monsey to anywhere in the city is difficult but wall street is much harder than midtown. I don't think there's more than 1 Wall Street bus a day so you're stuck with that time or a 30 minute subway to midtown. You can expect your commute to be an hour and a half each way. I commuted to midtown for several years, it was really hard.

esuss

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:49 pm
I used to go on the Monsey bus also sometimes on their midtown route and sometimes on their wall st route. They take approx 1 hour from Monsey to the first manhattan stop. So if you take the Wall st route you will arrive at the first manhattan stop 1 hour after they leave Monsey. There are bus lanes that they take advantage of and it is much faster than driving.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:

Could you drive or take public transit to Metro North? That might be faster.

Which stop, in Monsey, for Metro North?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 5:52 pm
Call Monsey tours. I’m sure they’ll tell you the exact times. Also it probably depends if you take the midtown bus or the Wall Street bus.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 5:56 pm
Go to Monseytrails.com and you can Download Schedules

momX4

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 7:48 pm
It depends what time you leave Monsey. Monsey trails also has buses that go directly to Wall Street. Check out their website.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating