Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Stockings

Lizajen

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 10:24 am
What's the best brand and place to buy stockings? I need stockings that are inexpensive and will last many wearings. Thanx!

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 11:40 am
BY bulk

daughterofgod

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 11:45 am
I think nude stockings are disposable. My black seem to last forever. If you ever find that perfect pair please post so I can also get them.

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 11:57 am
I use my nudes for a long time unless there's some accident/kid mischief

simba

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 11:59 am
Ruchel wrote:
I use my nudes for a long time unless there's some accident/kid mischief

Which brand?

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 12:00 pm
I like Mela 12 denier in honey. They're $3.99.
You do need to be careful with them like all others. But I don't find them to be disposable.
With all sheer pantyhose, make sure you buy a big enough size so it doesn't rip while you try to stretch it past its capacity. No hangnails or chapped skin for it to snag on while putting it on. Remove when you come home (that's when the accidents happen).
Wash in separate load set to hand wash, in net bags with compartments for a few pairs at a time. Hang to air dry.

bookie

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 12:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You do need to be careful with them like all others. But I don't find them to be disposable.
With all sheer pantyhose, make sure you buy a big enough size so it doesn't rip while you try to stretch it past its capacity. No hangnails or chapped skin for it to snag on while putting it on. Remove when you come home (that's when the accidents happen).
Wash in separate load set to hand wash, in net bags with compartments for a few pairs at a time. Hang to air dry.

Where do you get them so cheap?

lavenderchimes

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 12:17 pm
I am rough on stockings, and am lucky to get two wears out of even Memoi 40 denier. Who can afford it?

I buy these in Natural from a local shop (Just Legs in Boro Park -- the saleslady there suggested the to me, so I am a loyal customer!) for about $5.75. They are by far the most comfortable, soft, stretchy, and long lasting I have ever found. I never expected to be wearing such thick stockings, but ... I love these.

https://www.doubleheaderusa.co.....w_wcB

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 12:22 pm
ra_mom wrote:

12 denier ?? You just blow on it and it tears.
I never saw the point in something so sheer from a tznius or fashion standpoint.. Its barely noticeable, yet its still VERY uncomfortable on a 90 degree day..

simba

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 12:49 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
12 denier ?? You just blow on it and it tears.
I never saw the point in something so sheer from a tznius or fashion standpoint.. Its barely noticeable, yet its still VERY uncomfortable on a 90 degree day..

This was a shopping suggestion thread, not judgement of othe people's tznius standards thread. Feel free to start one if you have an itch.

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 1:20 pm
Ack! Now even not all tights are good? Sad

12 deniers are tights. Zehu. As for brands: cheap I like Blancheporte, expensive I like Falke

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 1:27 pm
bookie wrote:
Where do you get them so cheap?

All the local hosiery places by me have them for that price.
I also sometimes buy a dozen at a time for convenience for the season and get at home delivery for free, same price from J Buzali (718) 951-9488 / (212) 495-9622.

bookie

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 2:54 pm
ra_mom wrote:
All the local hosiery places by me have them for that price.
I also sometimes buy a dozen at a time for convenience for the season and get at home delivery for free, same price from J Buzali (718) 951-9488 / (212) 495-9622.

Thanks

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:41 pm
simba wrote:
This was a shopping suggestion thread, not judgement of othe people's tznius standards thread. Feel free to start one if you have an itch.

Sorry....I have noticed that every thread here is very 1 dimensional

Lets draw a flow chart..

Nylon is VERY uncomfortable on a 90 degree day

From a fashion standpoint something almost invisible seems futile

Why are we wearing this in the first place as opposed to comfortable slacks or a street length skirt with sandals..

You guessed it tznius.. Is something almost invisible tznius enough to justify the expense nuisance of putting on and off VERY carefully laundering very carefully and irritating feeling on a hot humid day

Just food for thought

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 3:45 pm
I am not SO careful, and as sensitive as I am to heat, I don't feel significantly worse in tights. Also you can wear the same in knee high.

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 10:37 am
OP, you don't mention your location, so not sure my place for stockings would be helpful to you.

I order most of my stockings from a local place in Lakewood called Sox by the Box. She's cheaper than other local stores, and my stockings get delivered to my door.

Raisin

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 10:42 am
I buy my stockings (I assume that is what I call 10 denier tights) for about $1.50 -$2 a pair in multipacks. All the big stores where I live sell them for about the price or less. I often buy them in Primark which recently opened a few branches in the usa - boston and staten Island and they are opening one in Brooklyn soon.

This is at the higher end of what I pay but you can order online from M and S. Pretty sure primark is a whole lot cheaper. https://www.marksandspencer.co.....or=V7

Actually I usually buy these ones which are a bit less. https://www.marksandspencer.co.....dwRec

Mommyg8

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 1:15 pm
Chayalle wrote:
OP, you don't mention your location, so not sure my place for stockings would be helpful to you.

I order most of my stockings from a local place in Lakewood called Sox by the Box. She's cheaper than other local stores, and my stockings get delivered to my door.

Thank you, Chayalle, I will call them!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains