Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Rats in walls where are they coming from?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 12:56 pm
Our house is semi attached- after our neighbors did construction we have rats in the walls of our basement. We hear them often, we broke some walls, caught a few rats, but they're still there and we hear them, we didn't close up the walls yet. I don't want to put poison there because they'll eat it and die somewhere in the wall where we can't get to them and they'll smell and rot. What can we do to find out exactly where they're coming from and plug up those holes?

naomi2

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 4:52 pm
You might best off getting a good exterminator so you don't have to do trial and error and deal with this longer than necessary.

octopus

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 5:04 pm
Call an exterminator! Rats are dangerous and can carry disease!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 7:22 pm
If you're in Lakewood call Effective Pesticide
This isn't a DIY project..

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:45 pm
The exterminators just want to put poison but that can kill the rats behind the wall where we can't get to them and it will stink. We need a way to figure out where the hole is- any ideas?

SYA

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:59 pm
You need to find an exterminator who looks for the holes and seals them. Without that, poison will kill the ones there now but in a month you can get more

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 10:02 pm
SYA wrote:
You need to find an exterminator who looks for the holes and seals them. Without that, poison will kill the ones there now but in a month you can get more

I don't know any? Most exterminators only kill the rodents, they don't actually do any physical things in the walls or holes. Do you know such an exterminator in NY? Or an exterminator who could figure out where they're coming from and have someone else do the sealing up of the holes.

Miri7

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know any? Most exterminators only kill the rodents, they don't actually do any physical things in the walls or holes. Do you know such an exterminator in NY? Or an exterminator who could figure out where they're coming from and have someone else do the sealing up of the holes.

I don’t live in NY but I had the same problem. I called around to find an exterminator who would find and seal up the entry/exit points. He showed them to me so I could check occasionally to be sure they didn’t gnaw a new hole.

tulips12

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 11:56 pm
Call an exterminator or someone that specializes in mice proofing

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 9:47 am
Miri7 wrote:
I don’t live in NY but I had the same problem. I called around to find an exterminator who would find and seal up the entry/exit points. He showed them to me so I could check occasionally to be sure they didn’t gnaw a new hole.

Does anyone have numbers in NY?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics