Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Calling Hatzalah (Spinoff from "Trust your gut")
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Mint

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 10:46 am
bel, I had the same thing with my daughter. She had an infection in her bone that needed to be operated on. She had high fever & couldn't walk. Hatzola wouldn't transport me they told me to take her in myself.

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:03 am
eema of 3 wrote:
I could have called my ped when my son cut his head, or when my daughter cut her lip, or when my son broke his arm, or when my baby fell out of the high chair. The difference is that hatzala would have been there right away to assess, vs. going to my ped which would have taken at least 20 minutes. And I know my ped, in all those instances he would have told me to call hatzala or go to the emergency room, without even stopping at his office.

Fewer and fewer will do home visits too. And it can take long hours.

goodmorning

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
When I was expecting, my Rav told me it is better to call Hatzolah than a cab on Shabbos. Cookies6, please don't make assumptions.

Why in the world would this be the case? (I'm assuming that you're not talking about a case of a medical emergency or precipitous labor.)

Ema of 5

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:07 am
amother wrote:
The ONLY reason I said it was an inappropriate use of hatzalah is because if his breathing was that bad, then he should gone to the ER. To call hatzalah and then to refuse any further medical treatment seems very inappropriate. Like another poster said, just because the hatzalah member said his chest was clear does not mean he was stable.

ETA: nowhere did this poster say his occurred on shabbos so I don't assume it did.

But that wasn’t what you said. You said she should have called the doctor.
If I ever had a child (or other family member or guest) who had breathing trouble I would call hatzala. They will get you to the hospital faster and they will get you in to be seen faster.
The fact that this poster refused further medical attention doesn’t mean hat originally there was no need to call hatzala.

bel

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:13 am
Sorry mint, now I see why you are resentful. I am not sure why they took me and not you.the only thing I could think of is A. mazel B. the way they accessed the situation .sorry it must have been hard for you too
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics