Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Bosch Challah Machine Question

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 10:14 am
Hi, I have a Bosch mixer, I am using five pounds of flour which I was told was the within the capacity. I got the special bowl for challah, and the cover keeps flying off. It is locked in to place, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Every time I make challah my kitchen looks like a scene out of a horror movie and I am covered in flour. I end up standing there holding down the cover for ten minutes while it spins.

Also another challah question, does letting the dough rise in the bowl make the challahs fluffier and is there a point where its been left too long and then its not good?

Thanks

amother
Teal

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:08 pm
The cover shouldn’t fly off.
Call the company

When I make challah
I proof the yeast
Pour it into the machine
Add eggs
Then I add my flour 1/3 at a time.
I add the flour with the machine off and then I let it mix completely with the lid on, before I add more flour.
Also I start the machine slowly.

The lid shouldn’t fly off
Maybe something is wrong with the plastic ring
Or the lid itself.

I never use the Bosch bowl for the rise.
I want to be able to clean it all up and put the machine away.
If it’s YT , I wan to be able to mix a second batch.

Contact the company they should replace the lid for you. Something is definitely wrong.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:52 pm
I agree with Teal.
Call the company.
I proof the yeast, then alternate all dry and wet ingredients, leaving salt for last so it doesn't kill the yeast.
Then I let the machine go for 20 minutes. I stand by but you shouldn't need to hold it down. (My friend's mom had an old machine 2-3 decades ago that used to jump off the counter while the machine was running, unless you physically held it down.)

amother
Orange

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 1:05 pm
It shouldn't come of (the shop told me always to use it one the lowest when making dough). I let it rise outside the machine bowl. Because it would get ruined when I have to take it out of the bowl...

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 5:16 pm
Thank you so much for your replies. The machine is fairly new, I don't think I have used it more than ten times. I am going to get it looked at. I am using it on the highest setting, so maybe I should lower that down.

I also usually let it go for ten minutes but I am going to try for twenty next time (If I don't have to hold it down Smile

Sorry I wasn't clear, I don't let it rise in that bowl I transfer it to a different bowl.

Thank you again.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 5:39 pm
Yes I do it on the lowest setting (I) for 20 min.
Try that first before calling.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 6:33 pm
Thank you, will try that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen