Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
ISO ideas for treasure hunt clues

Frumwithallergies

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 9:47 pm
Please let me preface this by explaining that I created a treasure hunt as a shabbos activity for a long shabbos in a family camp last summer to occupy the kids in the time after kiddush / before shalosh seudos. The goal was for them to run around the camp for two hours at least, to expend energy and have fun. Other kids at this camp were not frum and spending time at the beach (out of the eruv so the frum kids could not even walk around with their friends). I wanted the frum kids (mine included) to have a 'special' fun activity.

Well, my 2-3 hours of planned fun took these smart kids 35 minutes. We concluded with snacks.

My oldest DD is already talking about the week-long camp and the shabbos treasure hunt. Now I'm nervous that I need to plan trickier clues in order to make the treasure hunt last longer.

I need clues leading to:

The infirmary
The gym
The junior dining hall
The senior dining hall
The shul
Flagpole
Bunks
Cook's house
Arts'n'crafts center (exterior)
outside the pool (I need to double check if that's in or out of the eruv)....

I'm asking anyone with a talent for rhyming or creativity to please help with a few ideas! The kids range in age from 5-12 years old.
Thanks in advance!

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 1:44 am
They could walk outside the eiruv as long as they don’t go beyond the tchum, 2000 amos.

LisaS

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:11 am
Give them psukim from the parsha that hint at these places, and they'll have to use a chumash and look things up. At each destination give them a little assignment or task, such as solve a riddle, find someone with X birthday, sing a song, etc. Maybe have a snack ready as a surprise midway.

I have to say that 2 hours for a treasure hunt sounds very long for those ages. An hour sounds about right.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 6:48 am
Thank you for the great ideas and feedback!

Raisin

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 6:55 am
write some of the clues on jigsaw puzzles. (you can buy blank or cut your own)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics