Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sippy Cups - Help Please
1  2  Next

Woman of Valor

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:18 pm
Want to transition my toddler from bottles to sippy cups for his 3 milk servings per day. I know he is really too old for bottles but have waited to transition him because

1) he loves his bottles
2) I love feeding him bottles
3) can't find a good sippy cup!!!

I have tried like 6 or 7 brands of sippy cups. I don't like any of them. Any of you know which brand has the following criteria???

1) easy to wash by hand
2) no-spill feature
3) easy to suck - not too fast or too slow

thanks in advance!!

bargainlover

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:19 pm
I love the munchkin weighted straw cup

newmother

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:20 pm
I love these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....y+cup

pesek zman

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:27 pm
We use the munchkin 360

esther11

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:30 pm
newmother wrote:
I love these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....y+cup

Whenever I’ve gotten these I find they start leaking after a couple washes..maybe I’m doing something wrong because everyone loves them!

bsy

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:33 pm
The munchkin miracle cup is great

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:45 pm
I like these. Really leak proof, easy to clean, no nipples to break through, replacement valves can be purchased separately.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:45 pm
How old is he?

I'm concerned that you say you enjoy giving him bottles. Are you still seeing him as your "baby"? If so, he's getting the message from you that you don't really think he's ready for a sippy cup.

If you start telling him what a big boy he is, and praise him for using a big boy cup nicely, he will be much easier to transistion.

DD skipped the sippy cup stage all together, and started using a straw or regular cup at about a year and a half. I know kids aren't supposed to be able to use a regular straw at that age, but apparently she didn't get the memo. Wink

Woman of Valor

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 4:12 pm
I'm the OP. Thanks for all the great ideas. I forgot to mention that my son knows how to drink from a straw cup and a sippy cup and he does it every day for water. It's just milk that he hasn't transitioned yet. We do not have a dairy dishwasher that is why I need sippy cups that are easy to wash, for milk.

Those that like the munchkin, can you share why? does it meet all my criteria?
Thanks again!

Last edited by Woman of Valor on Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 6:06 am
We go from nursing to a straw. Have a separate one for water since milk needs to be washed regularly. Get a pack of pipe cleaners.
It would actually be better if it has a faster flow because it’s important to learn how to control the flow as is done with a cup.

bsy

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 12:17 pm
I like the miracle cup for a few reasons. One: it teaches proper jaw position for drinking from a regular cup. It also doesnt have a straw that gets moldy. It's easy to clean and the handles on the side make it easy to drink with one hand.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 12:50 pm
Just wanted to point out that Toodler does not need to *drink* three servings of dairy per day.

Woman of Valor

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 3:33 pm
I ordered the miracle cup! Excited to have him try it.

Woman of Valor

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 3:35 pm
amother wrote:
Just wanted to point out that Toodler does not need to *drink* three servings of dairy per day.

Actually, even older children and adults could benefit from 3 servings of milk per day. This is not formula it is regular whole milk. The fat is good for his brain development and the calcium is good for bones.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 3:57 pm
WindowMagic wrote:
Actually, even older children and adults could benefit from 3 servings of milk per day. This is not formula it is regular whole milk. The fat is good for his brain development and the calcium is good for bones.

I highlighted the word *drink*. The toddler does not need 3 servings a day from a bottle/sippy cup/cup.

This may help with the dishes issue.

Woman of Valor

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 4:04 pm
Thanks. He also does not drink nearly enough water despite having it available and offered many times per day so the milk is also for hydrating him.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 4:31 pm
WindowMagic wrote:
Thanks. He also does not drink nearly enough water despite having it available and offered many times per day so the milk is also for hydrating him.

perhaps because its not coming in a bottle?

bsy

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 4:45 pm
WindowMagic wrote:
I ordered the miracle cup! Excited to have him try it.

It took my 1 yr old a minute to figure out what to do. A week later she was able to drink from a reg cup. I still use the miracle cup bec it minimizes spills, but she really learned the jaw position.

lucky14

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 10:09 pm
has anyone else tasted the water from the miracle cups? It gives the water such a horrible plastic taste. We ordered new ones and they were just as bad. Have had them for a while and still taste so nasty even though they've been cleaned many times. Do all sippy cups taste like this? (we only kept these because they worked for us so well and my child usually just drinks from a glass anyway).

bsy

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 10:12 pm
I tasted it. Didn't seem bad to me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics