Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Kubana recipe anyone?

emunahmother

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:04 pm
I would love to make it for my family but don’t know anything about it? I heard it’s made with lots of oil, Can it be made healthier?

Would love to hear all recipes. So please share any really great delicious recipes that you have!

Tia

etky

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:35 pm
It's made not with oil but with samna - Yemenite butter, or, lacking that, margarine.
I'm not an expert on Yemenite food so I don't know if oil is considered an acceptable substitute.
I think that Kubana is slightly less unhealthy than the other Yemenite dough dishes like Malawach and Jachnun. It's 'breadier' so I imagine that the overall fat content is lower.

zebra111

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 4:51 pm
Not helpful at all but mmmmmm I love kubana. U can make it healthier (and also wholewheat)-I have a friend who experiments with it. No recipe though sorry. If ur in israel theres a lady called sigal (if im remembering correctly) in rosh haayin who sells what is claimed to be the beat kubana of all the land..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads