Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Yeshivat Eretz Hatzvi In yerushalayim

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 4:56 pm
I would like to get information about it. Ds is considering going to this Yeshiva. TIA

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 6:14 pm
Do you mean Tiferet Tzvi?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
Do you mean Tiferet Tzvi?

Thank you for replying. No. It is Yeshivat Eretz Hatzvi in yerushalayim. Yossi Ben yoezer street.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 1:13 pm
Bump

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 1:20 pm
I live very close to it and know the av and em bayit, very nice people (dh grew up with them in Canada). Otherwise though I don't have any personal experience with them (except we needed to get rid of a treadmill so we donated it to the yeshiva, and a group of nice bocherim came and shlepped it out and over) but I can ask questions if there's anything specific you're interested in knowing.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 1:54 pm
I’ve never heard of this Yeshiva, but I can find out about it. We have a lot to do with a few yeshivas and I’m sure amongst themselves they would know info.
Anything specific you would like to know and want me to ask?
The other poster would also be great and it would be two different view points. as they would speak to employees of the Yeshiva and I would be able to get the “word on the street.”

chanchy123

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 2:17 pm
Two of my (second) cousins went there and I grew up with someone who taught (teaches?) there.
My cousins were there several years ago. Both were great kids, one made aliyah, did army, university here etc and is marrying an Israeli. His brother went back to the US at the end of the year.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 2:37 pm
It caters to MO boys, it's fairly serious, with a wonderful and dedicated staff. In terms of learning, it's significantly lower than the Gush and slightly above a lot of one-year programs for American guys. It's not yeshivish in any way. The alumni I know are very fine young men.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 2:44 pm
The Rosh Hayeshiva and his wife are members of our community.
I think very highly of them both.
We hosted a couple of bochurs for one of the holidays last year.
They were very personable and seemed to be having a very good year.
I just read royalblue amother's post - her description of the yeshiva seems apt to me.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 7:50 pm
I just saw the replies. Thank you! It’s sounds great! I also wanted to know if all the bachurim are religious and serious about learning. Someone told me that some of the bachurim are atheists. I hope this person was uniformed. TIA

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
I just saw the replies. Thank you! It’s sounds great! I also wanted to know if all the bachurim are religious and serious about learning. Someone told me that some of the bachurim are atheists. I hope this person was uniformed. TIA

I think that the yeshiva has chugim in emunah, so that the boys do discuss their challenges.

I imagine that there are bochurim struggling with belief in every yeshiva. Some are given a forum for discussion.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 12:44 am
amother wrote:
It caters to MO boys, it's fairly serious, with a wonderful and dedicated staff. In terms of learning, it's significantly lower than the Gush and slightly above a lot of one-year programs for American guys. It's not yeshivish in any way. The alumni I know are very fine young men.

Op here
I heard that they have exceptionally talented Ivy League type of guys. Are you sure the learning is lower than gush?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics