Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Toilet training-- any tips?

DVOM

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 10:02 am
You'd think I'm a new mom, introducing my first little guy to the joys of using the toilet. I'm not. This is my fourth little boy. I should be an expert at this! Somehow though, this guy is just not getting with the program.

We began on Thursday. I knew this kid was going to be a different experience than my other little guys. When I told him that every time he sits on the toilet he will get a gummy bear, his response was "Actually, no thanks, I'm not in the mood." Eventually we got him to go on (2 gummies did the trick and reading to him while on the toilet) and had a few successes over the weekend.

Number two is going great. He will clutch his little behind with both hands, scream on the top of his lungs "the poop is coming!" and run to the toilet. But number one...

He's figured out how to hold it in, because he doesn't want to get his new undies wet, but he cant seem to figure out how to let it go on the toilet. Yesterday he held it in for hours, even though we put him on the toilet every half hour and he'd drank a ton. He will feel it coming, and run to the toilet, but just cant get it out. Yesterday he held it in until it was time for a bath, and then it came...

Any ideas girls? Just keep it up, he'll get it eventually? I guess my other kids spoiled me. After going once or twice they seemed to just get it. Training took no more than a day or two. This is day five, and we really haven't made much progress. Any tips would be very much appreciated!

mommyla

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 10:12 am
Did you try running the water while he's trying to go? That did the trick for one of my kids...

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 10:15 am
I can commiserate. My son has the number 1 down to pat but can't seem to get the number 2 . He's afraid.

Hoping time will help........

DVOM

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 10:20 am
mommyla wrote:
Did you try running the water while he's trying to go? That did the trick for one of my kids...

I actually did try this, it helped one of my other guys. But no, not helping...

YHM

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 10:38 am
A tip that worked for both my sons was 2 , 3 days after they got the number 1 figured out put them to sleep with a underwear not a pamper. With both of my sons it worked the charm. Woke up dry......... Since the brain is in the training mode it way easier to train them for the night the same time.

mommy201

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 10:44 am
Try getting a real potty, where he can have his feet firmly planted on the ground and feels very secure. I avoided doing this for a while with my daughter because I didn't want to deal with the cleanup, but when I finally did, it helped so much.

DVOM

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 6:50 am
Update!

So we are about 10 days into toilet training, and while I don't remember it taking this long with any of my other kids, we are finally getting someplace! The little guy has had three days with no accidents and is doing his business on the toilet like a pro! We have used the bathroom in home depot, target, the pizza store, wall mart, and on one memorable occasion, knocked on a strangers door while on a walk that was taking longer than expected. Thanks for all the support!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:47 am
Wow you are really lucky that it was so easy! I'm toilet training my son for 5 weeks already!
If I take him to the bathroom he'll use it but if I don't he'll have an accident Sad

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 6:59 pm
amother wrote:
Wow you are really lucky that it was so easy! I'm toilet training my son for 5 weeks already!
If I take him to the bathroom he'll use it but if I don't he'll have an accident Sad

Did u get him train him by now?
My son is almost 3 & in the same boat. He never tells me he needs the bathroom & won't tell me when he had an accident either Sad
Crying Exploding anger
I'm literally loosing my mind. Any advice or tips?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 7:17 pm
amother wrote:
Did u get him train him by now?
My son is almost 3 & in the same boat. He never tells me he needs the bathroom & won't tell me when he had an accident either Sad
Crying Exploding anger
I'm literally loosing my mind. Any advice or tips?

I stopped at that time and started now again..... hope he'll get it eventually
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics