Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey elementary schools... HELP!!!
1  2  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 9:52 am
I am having such a hard time getting into a school in monsey. My daughter is 3.5, she will be starting kindergarten (or pre-k) in the fall, and I have no options. Has anyone heard of Keser Bais Yaakov or Ohel Sarah?

Bas Mikroh - they didnt even open registration this year. They were full just from siblings
Chofetz chaim -refused to mail me n application because husband wears a shtreimel. We are a bais yaakov style chasidish family... ie not very chasidish... but they wouldnt let us apply.
BY Elementary of Rockland County (Portnoy) - they r full and doing a raffle to determine acceptace. They have 6 slots for 40 applicants
YSV - we were told they r full, but still trying
Bnos Derech Yisrael, Ateres, Ashar - not for us

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 9:59 am
Kesser BY is a new school opening next year similar to Bais Rochel. You can try them.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 10:01 am
OP here. Do you have contact information for them? Where are they located and what is their phone number?

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 10:02 am
Quote:
Do you have contact information for them? Where are they located and what is their phone number?

Give me a minute; I will check their number in the Community Connections. They had an ad this week.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
Kesser BY is a new school opening next year similar to Bais Rochel. You can try them.

Who’s the owner/ administrator/ principal etc?

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 10:12 am
Contact R' Avrohom Warhaftig 845-826-6659

va'ad ruchani is R' mashinsky
r' reich
and r' bronner

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 10:17 am
Thank you so much!!!

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 6:23 pm
Keser Bais Yakov is really not anything related to bais rochel, it is a place for pepole who are officially ultra right wing. if your DH goes out of the home without his Rekl - Jacket or if you have any look of a bit successful, ot if you work in Manhattan, etc. they will reject you. I don't mean to talk anything bad about them,just save your time and energy and don't apply there if you are here on this form, it is not for you.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 6:28 pm
Op I hope you resolved this by now, if not what about the new prospect that’s opening up?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:53 am
What is the new prospect school?

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 9:00 am
amother wrote:
Keser Bais Yakov is really not anything related to bais rochel, it is a place for pepole who are officially ultra right wing. if your DH goes out of the home without his Rekl - Jacket or if you have any look of a bit successful, ot if you work in Manhattan, etc. they will reject you. I don't mean to talk anything bad about them,just save your time and energy and don't apply there if you are here on this form, it is not for you.

hate to break it to you but that's bais rochel of 2018

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
I am having such a hard time getting into a school in monsey. My daughter is 3.5, she will be starting kindergarten (or pre-k) in the fall, and I have no options. Has anyone heard of Keser Bais Yaakov or Ohel Sarah?

Bas Mikroh - they didnt even open registration this year. They were full just from siblings
Chofetz chaim -refused to mail me n application because husband wears a shtreimel. We are a bais yaakov style chasidish family... ie not very chasidish... but they wouldnt let us apply.
BY Elementary of Rockland County (Portnoy) - they r full and doing a raffle to determine acceptace. They have 6 slots for 40 applicants
YSV - we were told they r full, but still trying
Bnos Derech Yisrael, Ateres, Ashar - not for us

Ashar is a fabulous school that gives an excellent education.. You know what they say beggars can't be choosy

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 9:22 am
Bais Rochel is constantly shifting from the right lane to the middle lane and back to the right lane. But even when they are in the right lane they take in enough Baalbatish people who will be able to pay the school bills, vs Keser Bais Yakov who are just at the opening stage with no experience whatsoever, no leadership and they are afraid to accept a regular frum Baalbatish family. Again I'm not bashing KBY, I'm sure they mean good, in the same time you should know KBY is extreme right wing. If you have a smartphone you will not get accepted.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 9:58 am
Prospect park from Flatbush is opening a monsey branch in September... K, pre1a, first grade

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:01 am
Kesser Bais Yaakov will be much more frum than Bais Rochel. They want to be ultra chassidish. No driving mom's, sheitel not too long, dad has to dress normal.... there's such a big demand for schools in Monsey so they can pick & choose who to accept.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
Kesser Bais Yaakov will be much more frum than Bais Rochel. They want to be ultra chassidish. No driving mom's, sheitel not too long, dad has to dress normal.... there's such a big demand for schools in Monsey so they can pick & choose who to accept.

NOT TRUE. I KNOW FAMILIES SENDING. ALL MOTHERS DRIVE. supposed to be similar type of ppl to baid rochel but not as crazy with their rules.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 12:19 pm
I heard they're supposed to be more crazy with the rules than Bais Rochel.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 4:53 pm
A year later, does anyone have any more updated info about kesser bais yaakov? I'm pretty sure that driving isn't an issue with them.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:08 pm
Kesser Bais Yakov definitely allows mothers to drive.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:13 pm
Is kesser Bais Yaakov in Monsey similar to Kesser Bais Yaakov in Lakewood?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics