Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Queens vs brooklyn

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 6:53 pm
I am from oot and live in Brooklyn. My kids are in Chaim berlin and Bya. I am very happy with both schools. I am not so happy in Brooklyn though. I feel like I am not part of anything. Most people here are from here and their main social network is family. I really wish for a sense of community. Someone new on the block should be noticed. The parking here also really drives me insane. Dh works in queens. Would I be any happier in queens or it’s the same as Brooklyn?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:04 pm
Very different. The very fact that we have an eruv lends itself to neighbors and kids playing outside or in park on shabbos. I feel like the shuls here form your own network a lot too. Maybe come for a shabbos

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:25 pm
I’m a Brooklyn girl who moved to Queens and I really appreciate the sense of community. There’s a Shul for everyone, and an Eruv to walk to it so you can really make a circle of friends.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:39 pm
We lived in Queens for a number of years and loved it. Wish we could have stayed. But we're still in touch with many of the friends we had there. There is definitely a sense of community, nice shuls, much more down to earth than Brooklyn too. And while it's a bit of a schlep, it's not unheard of for kids to commute to Brooklyn for school, so you wouldn't necessarily need to change schools. Only thing that won't be any different is the parking situation. Parking is going to be insane in any of the boroughs.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:40 pm
Housing is more expensive in Queens right now. Heads up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating