Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Baltimore Apartments (clarksview/cross country)

tcm92

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:47 am
Hi,
We are moving to Baltimore this summer from Boro Park. As my husband will be in school for 3 years and I'd like to get to know the community, we prefer a more communal area at first.
Fountainview doesn't have openings. Bancroft and Pickwick are too far for my husband to walk to shul.
Do any frum people live in Clarksview? What is it like compared to Cross Country?
Would appreciate all your advice Smile

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 11:11 am
Welcome to Baltimore! Which shul will your husband be going to on Shabbos? Also, how many bedrooms do you need in your apartment?

tcm92

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 11:34 am
Thank you! Smile he'll be davening at the shul next to Sheffield House. Looking for 2 or 3 bedrooms.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 12:14 pm
Thanks. I don't know of anyone who lives in Clarksview (I actually had to look it up since I didn't know where it was!) and it seems kind of far, but maybe someone else can give more info. Cross Country has lots of young families. My information may be outdated since I've been in a house for 15 years, but when I was first married the downside to Cross Country is that there were no washers/dryers in the apartments themselves, which was a non-starter for me.

Would you consider renting a house? The price difference may be small, especially compared to a 3 bedroom apt. Highline Management is advertising a semi for rent on Bancroft, which is a fabulous block for a family and in the right neighborhood for shul. The number is 410-979-1234. It's worth a call to get more info.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 12:21 pm
I also had to look up Clarksview. The management company is Blue Ocean — they're frum. But that doesn't necessarily mean the renters are frum. I agree with the poster above to call Max Liskovich (Highline Management) if a semi-D or condo rental is a possibility. Max knows rentals in this area inside out.

tcm92

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 1:31 pm
Really appreciate all your help, thank you. I've scheduled an appointment with Highline.
We are also considering a house, especially if there are other families on the block.

As you both haven't heard of Clarksview, do you think it's unlikely to have a large group of frum people?

Thank you again.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 1:50 pm
Sorry, I honestly don't know anything about Clarksview and the likelihood of frum people living there. Good luck with your appointment with Highline and please feel free to ask if you have any other questions about Baltimore.

tcm92

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 2:01 pm
Understood, thank you again! Smile Smile

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 2:04 pm
I don't know anyone who lives there and had to look it up as well. It isn't in a great area, safety wise. It is right on Reisterstown, a really busy street, near a half deserted mall. I would not want to live there.
I'm not sure what shul you are talking about either--Goldberger? Chabad? The pink Sefardic one?
There are great townhouses in Bancroft Village http://bancroftvillagehomes.com/ for rent or sale.
The two main places young people are in apartments is Cross Country (no washer dryer) and Pickwick. You can also rent a house...most of the Jewish areas are heavily saturated with frum people, it isn't hard to meet people.
If I were you I'd call a realtor--we like Debbie Finklestein--and ask about areas/renting/buying and all of that.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:56 pm
I have relatives who live in the Sheffield House and they are very happy. They have young kids, and although there aren't so many families in the building itself, it's right in middle of everything so they have lots of people nearby. And they daven at the shul right next door, (I'm assuming it's the same one you are talking about)so they love the convenience.
Right across Park Heights is lots of Chassidish families, so if you are chassidish, you will definitely have lots of friends nearby.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:06 pm
Are you interested in the heimish chasidish neighborhood? I know someone that lives there from the chasidish kollel. I dont know the neighborhood. I do know that mr. sneider is the one supporting those couples. so maybe there are apartments for rent for others. I dont know. anyone know what im talking about?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks. I don't know of anyone who lives in Clarksview (I actually had to look it up since I didn't know where it was!) and it seems kind of far, but maybe someone else can give more info. Cross Country has lots of young families. My information may be outdated since I've been in a house for 15 years, but when I was first married the downside to Cross Country is that there were no washers/dryers in the apartments themselves, which was a non-starter for me.

Would you consider renting a house? The price difference may be small, especially compared to a 3 bedroom apt. Highline Management is advertising a semi for rent on Bancroft, which is a fabulous block for a family and in the right neighborhood for shul. The number is 410-979-1234. It's worth a call to get more info.

I’m the tenant who just moved out of the house on Bancroft that you just mentioned. I loved that block!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:23 pm
I lived in Cross Country. I moved out when I was expecting my fifth and it was very hard for me at that point in the apartment. There are only 1 and 2 bedroom apartments there (unless you get an "A" which is a different layout and you use another room as a third bedroom but then you have less living space). The bedrooms are nice sized though. The tough part for me was only having one bathroom, no washer/dryer in the apartment (there is in the basement), and the kitchen was getting hard to navigate with my little ones.

Hatzlacha and I hope you enjoy your stay in Baltimore!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:23 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
I have relatives who live in the Sheffield House and they are very happy. They have young kids, and although there aren't so many families in the building itself, it's right in middle of everything so they have lots of people nearby. And they daven at the shul right next door, (I'm assuming it's the same one you are talking about)so they love the convenience.
Right across Park Heights is lots of Chassidish families, so if you are chassidish, you will definitely have lots of friends nearby.

I live in the building too and love it!

tcm92

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 11:16 am
Thank you everyone for your help! We've made a decision and look forward to our move Smile

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 11:19 am
tcm92 wrote:
Thank you everyone for your help! We've made a decision and look forward to our move Smile

Welcome! Where did you decide?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating