Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Gaza
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 9:52 pm
I am having a tough time with liberals today. My son was there.

daagahminayin

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:02 pm
Orchid wrote:
Copying from something I saw online:

It’s so hard to “like” this post but it really is brilliant. Sickeningly so.

Orchid

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:10 pm
daagahminayin wrote:

I agree.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:34 pm
If even 1 Israeli soldier was saved by a decision to use bullets instead of water cannons or other methods, it was worth it.
Do you know how useless this riot gear is when faced with hundreds or thousands of people with improvised weapons? How many soldiers are injured or killed because the rioters have fire bombs, sticks, stones, burning tires, etc.. that are thrown at them?
Just because they don't carry guns doesn't make the palestenians trying to cross safe.
The soldiers think 20 x before using a gun, if they did I trust that their lives were in danger in some way.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:48 pm
Mayflower wrote:
So I understand Israel can't just have thousands of men rushing the fence, but why didn't the IDF use a water cannon or another non-lethal method to get everyone away from the border? Not judging, genuinely trying to understand...

The same thoughts cross my mind op. And its hard to find out the truth because Jewish/RW sources say that Israel did everything right, everyone who died was a terrorist. But the LW sources say that Israel is a villain. The antisemitism is at a fever pitch today.

How did Egypt secure its border with Gaza?

DrMom

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 12:43 am
dancingqueen wrote:
The same thoughts cross my mind op. And its hard to find out the truth because Jewish/RW sources say that Israel did everything right, everyone who died was a terrorist. But the LW sources say that Israel is a villain. The antisemitism is at a fever pitch today.

For starters, you could gauge credibility by the type of reporting that went on the last 3x there were major flare-ups in Gaza.

etky

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:02 am
daagahminayin wrote:

Just remarking that Hen Mazig (author of that post) writes Op-ed pieces in the Jerualem Post from time to time. He is a self-professed liberal.
However he is a lberal who is still attached to reality and is not afraid of offending the PC police.

etky

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:19 am
dancingqueen wrote:

The Egyptians systematically mow down anything and everything that moves without compunction.
This includes Palestinian arms smugglers, African migrants fleeing across the desert on their way to Israel, Bedouins they suspect to be ISIS terrorists, and anyone else who is in the 'wrong place' from their POV.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 2:05 am
For the bleeding hearts out there, ask yourself - how would ANY other country in the world react to having it's borders violently attacked?

(Except Sweden. We all know they just roll over and submit.)

DrMom

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 2:27 am
Hamas is encouraging Gazans to breach the border and infiltrate Israeli towns and kill Israeli citizens. They posted maps on social media explaining the quickest route to Israeli border towns and how to get in.

The IDF is saving hundreds of lives by protecting our border. Kol HaKavod to them for doing their duty.

Very telling that the media doesn't ever point that out, and that US Jews do not care about them

chaiz

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 3:03 am
Fox wrote:
What should be most sobering to all of us is the degree to which latent anti-Semitism permeates the mainstream media -- particularly among Jewish reporters and news executives.

Virtually every large news organization has spent the last 24 hours acting as a Hamas PR firm, eagerly hitting each and every one of the boxes described by Natan Sharansky as the "3D test" blurring fair criticism of Israel and anti-Semitism.

I was on the road for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday, tuned into NPR. Though I occasionally get annoyed by the liberal bias of their programming and news, neither have I ever cared for the "National Palestinian Radio" demonization. Well, they were apparently determined to prove me naive. Their coverage was so ridiculously one-sided and journalistically incompetent that I finally had to turn to an "oldies station" -- which would have been okay, except that "oldies" no longer means Buddy Holly and the Beach Boys. "Oldies" now means Duran Duran and Blondie. I mean, really!

But the willingness of the vast majority of journalists and news organizations; quite a few political leaders; and far too many opinion influencers to happily jump on what is arguably an anti-Semitic bandwagon on the basis of little to no evidence makes me far more nervous than whatever neo-Nazis are up to. And the fact that so many Jews refuse to call them out on it is even more disturbing.

I can't believe it but I almost completely agree with you here.

Momof14

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 7:19 am
The fact that so many liberal Jews aren't backing Israel is in my humble opinion part of the tzaarr we have to undergo in galus. It's utterly devastating and painful. How short our memories are. Exactly to where do all these people think they are going to run to ,Chas veshalom if the tide ever turns against them in the Diaspora? To Israel that s where! Because Eretz Yisrael is the past and future of Jews everywhere given to us by H-shem .....please let's not forget that. History has shown us we can't afford to.

Laiya

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 7:19 am
etky wrote:
The Egyptians systematically mow down anything and everything that moves without compunction.
This includes Palestinian arms smugglers, African migrants fleeing across the desert on their way to Israel, Bedouins they suspect to be ISIS terrorists, and anyone else who is in the 'wrong place' from their POV.

Yes. And even so, Egypt gets some military aid from Israel in the form of covert Israeli air strikes against terrorist targets within Egypt.

Also, some feel that the Egyptian government has to temper its reactions to the Palestinians who cross in, so as not to raise the ire of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Also relevant is that Palestinians who do cross into Egypt are not looking, on the whole, to commit indiscriminate slaughter of Egyptian civilians; they are mostly looking for food, medical supplies, etc.

Momof14

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 7:32 am
Besides, just for the record Israel sent messages again and again imploring people NOT TO COME TO THE GATE because they will have to shoot because Hamas said loud and clear they will SLAUGHTER soldiers and people in the Yeshuvim around there. Should the IDF have allowed this? Peaceful protesters? NO! These were people out for Jewish blood! Would any country allow this blatant breach of security and virulent threat? OF COURSE NOT..NO other country on this planet would have issued any warnings either. So let's not lose our way here. All that Israel did was prevent loads of footage of Talis icovered Jewish bodies for the rest of the world to cry crocodile tears over......or not

Laiya

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 7:56 am
dancingqueen wrote:

So forget the media; what does the IDF itself say about its actions?

They’ve provided photos of the leaflets they dropped, warning Gazans to stay away from the border; video clips of the ongoing violence and of Hamas’ incitements; pics of Israel’s own humanitarian aid—53 tons of medical equipment sent just this week.

I guess one can claim that the IDF is not an objective party here, but it strains credulity imo to accuse them of fabricating this.
https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson

octopus

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 8:03 am
Mayflower wrote:
So I understand Israel can't just have thousands of men rushing the fence, but why didn't the IDF use a water cannon or another non-lethal method to get everyone away from the border? Not judging, genuinely trying to understand...

I don't understand that you don't understand. These are not peaceful protesters as many others have stated. Would you call tens of thousands of people (not just thousands) rushing the border at mexico/usa an act of peaceful protest or an act of war and aggression? They were warned not to do this. If this would happen in any other country this would be a declaration of war. And they would have been dealt a much heavier blow.

Laiya

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:06 am
Ben Shapiro, love him or hate him, answers OP right on point:

wrote:
Never mind that if Israel had not shot those attempting to break through its border, thousands of people would have died — any breach in the border fence would quickly have been followed by a mass rush through the border by terrorists and terrorist allies, forcing Israel to shoot huge quantities of people.

Never mind that Israel was created specifically in order to prevent Jewish death, and to end global expectations that Jews had to die to achieve moral parity.

https://www.dailywire.com/news.....apiro

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:35 am
dancingqueen wrote:

And the truth is somewhere in between.

There were plenty of non-violent, non-terrorist protesters, who genuinely believe their political position (and who genuinely believe that Israel is not a partner for peace), and many of them were injured, or even killed.

There were plenty of people armed with guns and knives (neither of which would do much good if they couldn't breach the border) and with grenades and molotov cocktails and other weapons which, while not as sophisticated, can most assuredly do harm.

There were plenty of calls for the destruction of Israel. But those are so common that they're virtually background noise.

But Israel didn't do everything right, either. Even Israel admits that. According to Haaretz, a senior Israeli army spokesman admitted Tuesday that Israel failed to minimize the number of Palestinian casualties, and that some were hit by mistake.

Its a big PR battle, and Israel lost.

And I'll say it again. Was it worth it to have a US embassy in Jerusalem? Not from where I'm sitting now.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:38 am
Orchid wrote:
Copying from something I saw online:

That'll be too subtle for some people. And it will be quoted out of context. Kind of like The Protocols song.
But since I'm smart enough to get it, I liked the post.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:40 am
etky wrote:
Just remarking that Hen Mazig (author of that post) writes Op-ed pieces in the Jerualem Post from time to time. He is a self-professed liberal.
However he is a lberal who is still attached to reality and is not afraid of offending the PC police.

I haven't read anything else he's written but Israeli liberals might still have a Jewish heart, love for the land and people, and seichel.
As opposed to American liberals such as Bernie Sanders. I heard a soundbite yesterday and must tell you, I cannot muster the energy to loathe the man. I am just so profoundly saddened. Used to be the 70 y.olds still had a Jewish connection and some frame of reference. If this is how the old people are talking now, what hope is there for the kids today?
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics