Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
My wig’s side bangs cover my eye. What should I do?

rimon613

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 7:27 pm
What should I do to make my wig’s side bangs sit nicely and out of my eyes?

macadamia

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 8:42 pm
rimon613 wrote:

In Brooklyn make an appt w Toby Pal. Explain exactly the situation..Golden hands for that. Many others did not manage.

rimon613

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:49 pm
rimon613 wrote:

Is there anyone else who has or has the same problem as me?

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:59 pm

Last edited by amother on Thu, Mar 31 2022, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

penguin

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:00 pm
I tease it back. If you watch a sheitel macher do it you can possibly learn. Or spray or bobby pins.

rimon613

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 11:05 pm
If I cut them shorter do you think it will help?

penguin

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 12:44 am
Wouldn't help me, would just tickle my forehead.

I should add I don't have a side bang but I tease the hair in front just a bit and then secure it back. Hard to explain how though. I learned from watching.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 12:56 am
rimon613 wrote:

Does it sit in the right place when it's freshly washed and styled, but then "falls" down lower?

rimon613

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:14 am
ra_mom wrote:
Does it sit in the right place when it's freshly washed and styled, but then "falls" down lower?

No

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 7:35 am
rimon613 wrote:
No

Then it sounds like you need to bring it back to the hairdresser and figure out how to make sure it frames your face.

zaq

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 7:49 am
mommmmmmmmmmy wrote:
Yea sure! In fact most jewish woman developed this twitch from flipping their wigs so often that Shevys had pity and called it outdated.

Glad to hear it. I recently attended an event and was nearly driven mad by all the women with hair hanging in their faces. There were three types:
1. The “witness protection program” crowd who left their mops hanging their faces. I would never recognize them if we met again because I never really saw their faces.
2. The “nervous tic” crowd who would periodically jerk their heads back and to the side. I lived in fear of their suffering debilitating neck injury.
3. The “crippled hands” crew who couldn’t do anything because their hands were occupied holding back the curtains, I mean bangs. Depending on whether they had a side or center part, one or both hands were perpetually out of commission.

The only women who looked normal were a couple of octogenarians in short sheitels and a couple of youngsters in half ponytails or with barrettes.

Why do women think it attractive to have hair hanging in their faces?

watergirl

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 8:26 am
zaq wrote:
Glad to hear it. I recently attended an event and was nearly driven mad by all the women with hair hanging in their faces. There were three types:
1. The “witness protection program” crowd who left their mops hanging their faces. I would never recognize them if we met again because I never really saw their faces.
2. The “nervous tic” crowd who would periodically jerk their heads back and to the side. I lived in fear of their suffering debilitating neck injury.
3. The “crippled hands” crew who couldn’t do anything because their hands were occupied holding back the curtains, I mean bangs. Depending on whether they had a side or center part, one or both hands were perpetually out of commission.

The only women who looked normal were a couple of octogenarians in short sheitels and a couple of youngsters in half ponytails or with barrettes.

Why do women think it attractive to have hair hanging in their faces?

Yes! Biggest pet peeve of mine is when my kids teachers have their bangs covering their face! The head tick is distracting and the other “bangs defence mechanisms” get in the way of teaching. After parent teacher conference is with all of the teachers throwing their heads back or constantly brushing their hair out of their face, I’m already going crazy. I thought my kids didn’t notice but my daughter actually mentioned it to me! And yet many schools dont allow teachers to wear band falls (my kids schools do).

penguin

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 3:18 pm
You forgot
4. Those with repetitive strain injury from constantly flipping the bang back with their hand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels