Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lakewood concern...

amother

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 2:53 am
I want to move so badly to Lakewood, but only one think bothers me...someone told me that if I have internet they will kick my children from school, or if I have an I phone or a digital camara.
I am the only one that use my lap top, not my children or my husband.
Please somebody explain.

szyyyy

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 2:54 am
I want to move so badly to Lakewood, but only one think bothers me...someone told me that if I have internet they will kick my children from school, or if I have an I phone or a digital camara.
I am the only one that use my lap top, not my children or my husband.
Please somebody explain.

morah

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:32 am
Lakewood is a big place. I don't live there, but my husband's start-up has a satellite office there, and I've spent a good deal of time there lately. Yes, some are like that there, but certainly not all or even most. I'm not from there, so I can't get into specifics about this side or that neighborhood, but I can assure you that if it's a concern, you can find the right place for your family.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:37 am
I grew up in Lakewood and I'm sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. Could be they will ask you if you have internet to have a paper signed by yoru rav that it's ok for you to have it. A digital camera? Are you serious? Everyone has them in Lakewood. I have no idea what type you are but maybe if you wear a very long, loose wig, very tight tops, and skirts that barely cover your knees, then you may have a hard time, especially if you are trying to get into one of the more "yeshivish" schools.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:38 am
First of all, it's not so clear cut, as Morah said, Lakewood is big. And usually if you get an "Ishur" (from a Rav) it's not a problem.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:44 am
OK I just saw where you wrote digital camera, but I don't know where you got that one from?!? It's not exactly Amish town Smile . I live in Lakewood, and the kids even bring the cameras to school (only on special occasions, because otherwise it's a distraction from their classes and not allowed). It's actually a pressure these days to buy kids their own cameras.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 9:48 am
Ding, ding! Troll alert!

szyyyy

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 9:24 pm
Ok, that made me feel better. So I could get an Ishur from the Rabbi, and have cameras!!!
Fine!!!! Sounds Great!!!!
I want to move to West Gate, TRYING TO PUT MY KIDS ON TTY, ATERES TZIPORAH, RIVKA ROCHEL, YESHIVAH KOL TORAH, what do you think about this schools?

my husband works, is a black hat, and learns at night.
I just want my children to have more Yidishkite and more Torah life> Here out of town we feel lonely and in my block we are the only Jewish....etc. Plus my husband needs to find a job there....wish me luck.
any more comments??????

Bina2

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 4:20 pm
sure come to lakewood ! great place and all diff types here , you will love it here u can have smart phone etc all types of ppl do and school issue is regardless of anything its just not enough schools and more kids than schools and like everything else "pull" is needed to even get into a playgroup for a 2 year old Smile but its still worth it and e/t works out in th end Hatzlacha

doctorima

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 4:45 pm
This thread is more than 6 years old; hopefully OP has sorted out the issue by now.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 4:51 pm
ha, for some reason these old threads get put up. dont know why. I wonder.....

momof2+?

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 12:04 am
So OP, did you move?

isrmss91

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 12:12 am
amother wrote:
ha, for some reason these old threads get put up. dont know why. I wonder.....

As you can tell, a newbie to imamother, has re-hashed this old thread.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 12:16 am
And interestingly enough, if you look at the OP's previous postings, they are all asking questions about the community, under guise that "she" wants to move or open a business, etc. "She" is compiling a profile of the community...

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 12:25 am
szyyyy wrote:
Ok, that made me feel better. So I could get an Ishur from the Rabbi, and have cameras!!!
Fine!!!! Sounds Great!!!!
I want to move to West Gate, TRYING TO PUT MY KIDS ON TTY, ATERES TZIPORAH, RIVKA ROCHEL, YESHIVAH KOL TORAH, what do you think about this schools?

my husband works, is a black hat, and learns at night.
I just want my children to have more Yidishkite and more Torah life> Here out of town we feel lonely and in my block we are the only Jewish....etc. Plus my husband needs to find a job there....wish me luck.
any more comments??????

You might want to do a search on this forum about Kol Torah...

crust

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:27 am
momof2+? wrote:
So OP, did you move?

Perhaps Texas was better, businesswise. Tongue Out

She wanted to move from Texas to Lakewood and open a plus size ladies clothing store or a jewelry store or a playgroup.

It looks like after five months on ima s/he quit.

Last edited by crust on Wed, May 16 2018, 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:37 am
Yups. And all the while she is dreaming of opening a business, her husband is out of a job, but oh, he learns at night... So, uh, what exactly is he doing during the day? Polishing his black hat? Or perhaps, trying to infiltrate Jewish discussion forums to plan, chas v'shalom, another terror attack?

Look at "her" spelling. Pretty non-native for someone in Texas! And being the only "Jewish" in her town, you'd think she know a "camara" is quite kosher...

crust

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:42 am
amother wrote:
Yups. And all the while she is dreaming of opening a business, her husband is out of a job, but oh, he learns at night... So, uh, what exactly is he doing during the day? Polishing his black hat? Or perhaps, trying to infiltrate Jewish discussion forums to plan, chas v'shalom, another terror attack?

Look at "her" spelling. Pretty non-native for someone in Texas! And being the only "Jewish" in her town, you'd think she know a "camara" is quite kosher...

But she knows four languages. English is an issue because she grew up in Isreal.
What a rich life story.

seeker

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 9:39 am
amother wrote:

Age of thread and disappearance of OP notwithstanding, I don't think this level of sarcasm is OK.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually went ahead and looked up the user's posting history and it doesn't seem to warrant this treatment. Even if it did, there are ways to go about it that don't lower the tone of the forum.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:24 am
amother wrote:

This is so nasty, why did you have to write this?

She explained in another thread that shes not a native American, and she's Israeli, which is probably why her grammar and spelling is off. A little bit of dan lkaf zchus goes a long way....

ETA: Sorry, seeker, didn't see your post....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics