Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Tea biscuits- how many?

myname1

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:03 am
A recipe I got on here for Israeli Cheesecake begins:
"2/3 box of vanilla peti bar cookies (AKA tea biscuits) crush and add a half a stick of butter. Press down onto a 9x13 pan and set aside."

About many tea biscuits would you say this is? I have a big box, not small packages, so I can't measure accurately. If you have a package and can count or tell me approximately how many is 2/3, I'd really appreciate it! Also, mine are squares. I think these are the rectangles, right? Thank you!

Raisin

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 11:12 am
I hate that type of lazy recipe writing. I get those biscuits in plastic packs of 30 or so made by hadar if that helps.

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 11:55 am
Hadar tea biscuits are roughly half the size of the osem ones. I crush about 1 cup of crumbs and add some oil. It may taste and hold better with butter, but oil is easier. Just keep adding to the butter until you like the consistency.

imasoftov

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 9:07 pm
Raisin wrote:
I hate that type of lazy recipe writing. I get those biscuits in plastic packs of 30 or so made by hadar if that helps.

Yeah, I could probably guess how many cookies to use for a cheesecake base but I'd rather use a recipe that didn't require me to. I wonder if the recipe also omits what size pan to use, what percentage fat cream cheese to use and what temperature to bake at.

myname1

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 1:59 am
Thanks, everyone! I guess I'll start with about 10 and see how it looks. Chag sameach!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics