Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Simple make-ahead dessert that looks and tastes great??

imachild

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 9:10 am
Must be pareve....

jewishmom6

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 9:49 am
Razzle pie is easy delicious and pretty. mix defrosted ice cream with 3-6 T peanut butter, abt 3 T honey, 3 T. choc syrup crushed oreo cookies, mix all t/g and sprd into round pan ( I dont rem the exact measurements if your interested I can dig up the recipe later.)

jewishmom6

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:01 am
warm brownie in cupcake holders w/ ice cream(easy one bowl recipe), fav brownie recipe then ice cream then choc sauce (melted choc chips & whip),warm cinnamon bun pie from overtimecook.com - its heaven but not super fast to make. cookie dough ice cream pie w/ choc sauce untop, PB pie.

imachild

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:37 am
Y.S. wrote:
Razzle pie is easy delicious and pretty. mix defrosted ice cream with 3-6 T peanut butter, abt 3 T honey, 3 T. choc syrup crushed oreo cookies, mix all t/g and sprd into round pan ( I dont rem the exact measurements if your interested I can dig up the recipe later.)

I would love the recipe if you have it.

married123

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:04 pm
I make 3 layer ice cream sorbet. But parve ice cream and 2 diff flavors sorbet and defrost. Pour on every flavor sorbet, freeze, then ice cream, freeze and then the next sorbet. It’s beautiful and pretty and easy.. although you have to wait for each layer to freeze. I serve it as a slice with cubed mango, kiwis or strawberries....

esther11

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:06 pm
I made mini lemon cream pies: premade crusts, lemon pie filling, layer of whipped cream.

mommyla

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:10 pm
married123 wrote:
I make 3 layer ice cream sorbet. But parve ice cream and 2 diff flavors sorbet and defrost. Pour on every flavor sorbet, freeze, then ice cream, freeze and then the next sorbet. It’s beautiful and pretty and easy.. although you have to wait for each layer to freeze. I serve it as a slice with cubed mango, kiwis or strawberries....

I do this in cupcake holders, so you get individual servings with pretty ruffled edges. Super easy though it does take time.

rikki 1

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 2:25 pm
Oreo pie:
crush oreo/or black n white sandwich cookies into parve vanilla ice cream or whipped up whip cream and put in graham cracker pie crust.

Teomima

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 5:08 pm
Cakes taste better after sitting in the fridge a day or two. I make the Hershey's chocolate cake (using soy milk instead of regular). Bake it in a bundt and, once fully cooled, drizzle on a simple glaze (powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and a touch of soy milk). It'll last a good while in the fridge and just gets moister and denser and better as it sits.

wow

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 5:44 pm
Fry small square or round wonton wrappers (egg roll wrappers) till crispy and light brown. Drain on paper towel. Leave outside in room temperature until ready to serve (can last like 2-3 days). prepare ahead of time a mixture of half part whipped cream and half part custard. Spread over one wonton and top with another wonton to for a sandwich / napoleon kind of dessert. dust with confection sugar.

jewishmom6

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 12:05 pm
Razzle: Defrost 1 container ice cream (I use Abe's ice cream) in disposable pan mix ice cream w/ 3-6 T. peanut butter, 3 T. Honey and 20 crushed oreos. mix well. pour in round pans. drizzle with choc syrup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics