Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
When do I stop feeling like I'm starving (1200 calories)?
1  2  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 12:22 pm
I recently started a no carb diet. I eat a lot of protein for all meals and lots of veggies. I'm only eating 1200 calories per day.

I always feel hungry. Does this get easier? I don't crave specific foods, just an overall empty feeling in my stomach.

How long until you get used to it?

agreer

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 1:08 pm
Eat more fat within your allotted calories. YOu will feel fuller.

SuperWify

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 1:51 pm
I limit my calories to this amount every day but I DO eat carbs. Every time I’m hungry- specifically when my stomach growls!- I picture my stomach fat being eaten away. Weird maybe but It really helps.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 2:42 pm
amother wrote:
I recently started a no carb diet. I eat a lot of protein for all meals and lots of veggies. I'm only eating 1200 calories per day.

I always feel hungry. Does this get easier? I don't crave specific foods, just an overall empty feeling in my stomach.

It takes about a week for your stomach to settle in.
In the meantime have low cal veggies available and same for soups (oil spray, onion, garlic, zucchini, blend).

amother
Peach

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 3:01 pm
You need carbs if you're only eating 1200 calori3e a day. Download and use My Fitness Pal app. It tells you how many calories you're supposed to eat and how much should come from each protein carbs and fat (in grams and percentage) I lost 3 lbs this week eating carbs and protein and fats!

rofa

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 3:29 pm
amother wrote:

How many grams of protein are you getting?

Sebastian

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 3:31 pm
it's likely you feel like you're starving because you are. You may need more calories.

How tall are you?

smss

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 6:56 am
You need fat.
And 1200 calories might just be too low. Where'd you get that number?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 7:31 am
Protein and fat. Fat really keeps you full for long. Think healthy fats like avocado, nuts, use olive oil etc

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:34 am
I also stick to 1200 calories a day; however, I don't count raw fruits and veggies, other than avocado. So I make a big fruit salad every other day, which probably adds 500 or more calories to my daily intake, but I'm still loosing weight.

When I'm hungry, I have more fruit salad- apples, kiwis, grapes, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries. It satisfies my sweet tooth, which used to crave cake and cookies. Bonus - my kids eat the fruit salad too, since it's ever present in the fridge!

momof2+?

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 2:23 pm
Yum! I wish I had ever present fruit salad in MY fridge.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 2:43 pm
keep busy. Really really busy. I have done this is the past so busy that I'm only eating 800 calories a day. By the hard day you can't even it eat anymore.

SingALong

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 3:45 pm
I’m also on a no carb diet. The first 2-3 weeks were hard. After that it was just ok. Now after a few months it’s really easy.
Like others posted earlier it’s important to get in those healthy fats. I cook my proteins (fish, poultry or meat or eggs) with a bit of olive oil. Salads have a light watery mayo dressing or olive oil/lemon dressing. I have avocado sometimes. I don’t limit my vegetables at all I eat however much I want. Fruits I try to keep to only 2-3 per day not more.
And I’m really full I don’t feel starving at all.

Laiya

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 3:53 pm
When you let yourself get hungry, you are training your metabolism to slow down, and you will start burning fewer calories. This is the opposite of what you want to happen. You want your metabolism to speed up.

That's why trying to psych yourself into skipping meals and going hungry doesn't usually work long-term for weight loss.

Eating throughout the day should keep your metabolism working constantly and thus faster; just pick good choices.

Also, when you let yourself get to that point of feeling very hungry, your blood sugar dips. Then when you eat, it spikes. You want to aim to keep your blood sugar constant throughout the day.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 3:10 pm
For those who eat 1200 calories a day or less, how many weeks/months did it take you to se results?

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 3:56 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
You need carbs if you're only eating 1200 calori3e a day. Download and use My Fitness Pal app. It tells you how many calories you're supposed to eat and how much should come from each protein carbs and fat (in grams and percentage) I lost 3 lbs this week eating carbs and protein and fats!

Vegetables ARE carbs. And no she doesn’t need wheat or starchy carbs.

cookiewriter

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:29 pm
1200 calories is way too little. You’re sending a message to your body to hold on to all its fat stores, as it thinks it is a famine. You will kill your metabolism for life. Read dr Jason fung book “the obesity code”

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:46 pm
Are you eating sweeteners? They have a negative effect on some people. You should be eating fat and salt too. Also, some people are very sensitive to carbs. You might be eating too many carbs for YOU in the form of vegetables.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Thu, May 02 2019, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:46 pm
Laiya wrote:
When you let yourself get hungry, you are training your metabolism to slow down, and you will start burning fewer calories. This is the opposite of what you want to happen. You want your metabolism to speed up.

That's why trying to psych yourself into skipping meals and going hungry doesn't usually work long-term for weight loss.

Eating throughout the day should keep your metabolism working constantly and thus faster; just pick good choices.

Also, when you let yourself get to that point of feeling very hungry, your blood sugar dips. Then when you eat, it spikes. You want to aim to keep your blood sugar constant throughout the day.

People on truly low carb diets do not get sugar lows.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:52 pm
SingALong wrote:
I’m also on a no carb diet. The first 2-3 weeks were hard. After that it was just ok. Now after a few months it’s really easy.
Like others posted earlier it’s important to get in those healthy fats. I cook my proteins (fish, poultry or meat or eggs) with a bit of olive oil. Salads have a light watery mayo dressing or olive oil/lemon dressing. I have avocado sometimes. I don’t limit my vegetables at all I eat however much I want. Fruits I try to keep to only 2-3 per day not more.
And I’m really full I don’t feel starving at all.

Everything is relative. 2-3 fruits is more carbs than I eat in a week plus unlimited vegetables! This is definitely NOT 'no' carb and probably barely rates as low carb. BUT, whatever works for you! If I could get away with eating this much carb, all the other diets would have worked for me too!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise