Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Cost of Jewish Funeral
Previous  1  2  3

daagahminayin

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 7:20 pm
amother wrote:
For a barebones funeral/burial assume at least 12k. Much more in some places.

Dying is expensive.

What happens to people who cannot afford this expense for themselves or their deceased relative?

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 8:06 pm
op your doing the right thing. dont doubt yourself. btw I just asked dh why its a big deal? just so you know. its a big zechus for the neshama of the deceased to be buried in jewish way. and be buried between jews. being near non jews is not good for the neshama. according to ari zl" and cremation is not allowed according to jewsih law. also its a mitzva for us jews to bury the deceased in a proper way. so this is just the bare minimum. I think its a chessed for the neshama. so the neshama can be in the right place. a thing this neshama cannot do on thrie own. true chesed shel emes.

to burgendy. stop making op feel bad. she is doing the biggest mitzva there is. shes offering to pay so much money for something she will never get back. a true tzadekes. because in this mitzva the deceased can never repay. thus is the mitzva of levaya. its a true mitzva of not receiving anything back. I would do it in a sinch. I dont have the moeny.the highest level of doing a mitzva. burgundy, you need to open up some sefarim or listen to more shiurim and learn a little more about yiddishkeit. you will not have that anger once you learn a little more. im sure you learned and still learning. thats not what I mean. you obviously have no information about this topic. you should have not attacked op. wrong.

OP, PLEASE DONT DOUBT YOURSELF. THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST MITZVOS, DO IT WITH PRIDE AND SIMCHA, HASHEM SHOULD REPAY YOU FOR THIS BIG GREAT DEED.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions