Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How long should chicken soup cook

esther11

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:01 pm
Before I can safely taste it to check the flavors? I rarely make classic chicken soup but was just soooo in the mood for shavuos Smile
Thanks!

tichellady

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:09 pm
I would say about an hour. I cook mine for longer but the chicken is definitely cooked after an hour

Coffee Addict

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:13 pm
2 hours. I let it cook for about 3 hours or a bit more. It’s yummy. 😋

zaq

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:14 pm
I agree that an hour is safe, but I wouldn't bother taste-testing that early. At that point iit's just chicken water, not soup.

bestme

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:16 pm
I like chicken soup that was cooked on a low flame for about 6-8. I once wanted to Cook my soup at night and so I put it on a low flame and in the morning I closed the fire. I really liked that soup.

esther11

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:25 pm
Ty!!!

I do plan to cook overnight on low to strengthen the flavor, but I really am pretty clueless as to spice amount so I want to taste it just to get an idea.

Or perhaps you can advise how much salt etc is necessary for my large stock pot? Not sure of the size but it has 4 chicken bottoms, a bunch of veggies, and 12 cups of water

zaq

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:32 pm
Don't season till close to the end of cooking, and don't bother tasting till near the end, either. Exception is bay leaf, which tolerates long cooking--you can put that in right at the beginning.

DREAMING

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 11:59 pm
I cook my chicken soup for 1 1/2 hours. I just season with 1 T salt - but I put bones in addition to the bottoms for the same 12 cups water.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 12:19 am
esther11 wrote:
Ty!!!

I do plan to cook overnight on low to strengthen the flavor, but I really am pretty clueless as to spice amount so I want to taste it just to get an idea.

Or perhaps you can advise how much salt etc is necessary for my large stock pot? Not sure of the size but it has 4 chicken bottoms, a bunch of veggies, and 12 cups of water

Chicken soup is seasoned with fresh garlic cloves, fresh dill and lots of sweet vegetables which cook the whole time with the chicken/bones and water.
The only powdered seasoning used is salt, which is added at the end/once the soup has finished cooking.
Good luck and enjoy!

tweety1

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 5:34 am
A drop of white pepper makes a YUMMY chicken soup. Try it Ladies! See for yourselves. I didn't wanna believe it when my bil told it to me. I thought hes from Mars. Now I make sure to put it into my soup every week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen