Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
New recipe fail-vent

lfab

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 8:11 pm
Nothing anyone can do I just need to vent. So I spent quite a while making this new recipe that I found. It was a carrot muffin type dosh but without the sugar and I was excited excited to try it. It was somewhat of a patchke to make and time consuming. I just tasted it and it is inedible Crying. All 36 muffins straight in the garbage Sad . Besides for the fact that I hate throwing out food all that work was for nothing. Ok, vent over moving on to the next item on my list.

timana

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 8:20 pm
You could add frosting and make it into cake pops. All the sweetness from the frosting should help

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 8:20 pm
Hug

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 8:28 pm
Uggg😩😩😩😒😒😒😭😭😭

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 8:40 pm
I'm so sorry.
At least you made it today and not tomorrow. May all you future endeavors, culinary and otherwise, meet with resounding success!

forever21

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 9:07 pm
If it makes you feel better I once made 5 lbs of challah dough and had to dump all the challah bec I forgot to put in the sugar embarrassed

lkwdlady

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 9:38 pm
I once had that with carrot muffins too. Were you using baby jar carrots? I always use baby jars and they come out great but once I used a different company jars and the muffins were completely not edible... and we eat almost anything... of course it happened just when I tripled the recipe to stock up my freezer..

Oh no.... I wanted to go amother for this cuz a little embarrassed about using baby jars.... it’s disabled for this thread embarrassed Posting anyway!

lfab

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:12 pm
timana wrote:
You could add frosting and make it into cake pops. All the sweetness from the frosting should help

I didn't think of that but not sure it would have worked. They tasted bitter! And I think they were too mushy to turn into cake pops.

lfab

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:18 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I'm so sorry.
At least you made it today and not tomorrow. May all you future endeavors, culinary and otherwise, meet with resounding success!

I know! But still frustrating since I work a full day tomorrow and really need to have almost everything done tonight. I'm also annoyed at myself since I don't usually try new, patchke type recipes this close to y"t. That's for the things I make in advance. But I just saw this recipe today and I've been looking for healthier options as I've been trying to lose weight. When I saw it I debated if I should push to make it, and knew that I really shouldn't but did it anyway! If it had been a 15 minute recipe I wouldn't be so annoyed. But it took awhile and involved grating vegetables, which meant taking out the food processor. ..
Oh well, this should be my biggest problem this y"t. B"h there's plenty of other food for us to eat. Just frustrating to have spent so much time and have nothing to show for it Sad .

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 7:55 am
wrote:
I once had that with carrot muffins too. Were you using baby jar carrots? I always use baby jars and they come out great but once I used a different company jars and the muffins were completely not edible... and we eat almost anything... of course it happened just when I tripled the recipe to stock up my freezer..

Oh no.... I wanted to go amother for this cuz a little embarrassed about using baby jars.... it’s disabled for this thread embarrassed Posting anyway!

I will confess to not making carrot muffins. (And according to last week's Mishpacha, it's possible that puts me chutz lamachane. So be it.) I did just make a carrot cake; dd brought some home from a friend once and it was marvelous, so we got the recipe. Yes, it uses baby food. Nearly all the recipes I've seen do, and it's probably the best way to get uniform results.

(I did delete your name while quoting, though Very Happy Rest assured, NOTHING to be embarrassed about.)

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 7:59 am
lfab wrote:
I know! But still frustrating since I work a full day tomorrow and really need to have almost everything done tonight. I'm also annoyed at myself since I don't usually try new, patchke type recipes this close to y"t. That's for the things I make in advance. But I just saw this recipe today and I've been looking for healthier options as I've been trying to lose weight. When I saw it I debated if I should push to make it, and knew that I really shouldn't but did it anyway! If it had been a 15 minute recipe I wouldn't be so annoyed. But it took awhile and involved grating vegetables, which meant taking out the food processor. ..
Oh well, this should be my biggest problem this y"t. B"h there's plenty of other food for us to eat. Just frustrating to have spent so much time and have nothing to show for it Sad .

Hugs. Like probably everyone here, I feel your pain about the waste of time, energy, and resources - btdt. And I also know the feeling about trying something when you shouldn't but the recipe is allegedly "no fail" or "really easy", etc.
I shouldn't have assumed you had more discretionary time today; that just adds to the frustration.

Simple1

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 8:43 am
forever21 wrote:
If it makes you feel better I once made 5 lbs of challah dough and had to dump all the challah bec I forgot to put in the sugar embarrassed

For the future, you shouldn't need to dump it. It might taste more like French bread than challah, but it should be edible. And more healthy. It's worse IMHO to leave out the salt -I've done it and still used it because I had no choice.

cozyblanket

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 8:52 am
So frustrating! May the rest of your prep be smooth!

lfab

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 9:34 am
Thank you all for your kind words and sympathy. It was frustrating in the moment, hence my post, but B"H we have lots of other yummy food to eat. And lesson learned. in the future I follow my gut and don't try a new patchke recipe so close to y"t (until the next time that is, when I decide that it really won't be a big deal and it will be worth the work Wink ).
These were supposed to be a savory carrot muffin, not sweet, and though I used actual real carrots (if the recipe had called for jars it would have been much faster and not as big a waste of time) the texture actually came out beautifully. It was just the taste that was off. The site where I found the recipe must have made a mistake when posting it. There must be something off either in the measurements, or a missing ingredient. It was really inedible. Even my non-picky, eats almost anything husband agreed that they were inedible.
On the bright side, at least I tasted them last night and didn't end up serving them to my guests on y"t!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics