Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
How far in advance can you fry won ton wrappers

ttbtbm

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 10:59 pm
For tacos?
I usually fry them right before I serve them but I’m having a lot of company and don’t have the time. But frying in advance means tonight or tomorrow. Is that too early? Will they last?

ttbtbm

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 12:21 am
Bump

esther36

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 12:48 am
I fried mine already and froze it. Won't be exactly the same warmed up as fried fresh but ive done it before and it was still delicious!

ttbtbm

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 1:17 am
esther36 wrote:
I fried mine already and froze it. Won't be exactly the same warmed up as fried fresh but ive done it before and it was still delicious!

Thanks for replying. I didn’t realize they can be frozen. I’m talking about empty taco shells. I fry the wrappers into the shape of a taco shell. I was thinking of putting the fried shells in a ziplock bag in the pantry??? Will that work from Friday to Monday lunch?

esther36

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 8:38 am
Oh I fill my wontons with marinated chicken.. so not sure about frying and putting taco shells in the pantry. Will they get soggy?

ttbtbm

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 8:58 am
esther36 wrote:
Oh I fill my wontons with marinated chicken.. so not sure about frying and putting taco shells in the pantry. Will they get soggy?

I made those too. Those can be frozen. Just wondering if anyone has successfully fried won ton wrappers (with not filling) a few days in advance?

Bins

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 9:16 am
I make fried wonton taco shells every yom tov just let them drain on paper towels and line a ziploc bag with paper towel and store them in your pantry they last perfectly. Best thing to make in advance.

ttbtbm

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 12:37 pm
Bins wrote:
I make fried wonton taco shells every yom tov just let them drain on paper towels and line a ziploc bag with paper towel and store them in your pantry they last perfectly. Best thing to make in advance.

Thank you!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus