Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need good lawyer for BAD speeding ticket on Palisades
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 20 2016, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
Listen, if I get a ticket, I pay it and don't complain, because I know I was speeding. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I feel I am of superior intellect (??). All I'm saying is that the term speeding implies dangerous driving and this is not necessarily so. The bottom line is that to follow the flow of regular traffic on this particular highway, you have to be going at least 65-70 mph.

My mother was in court once with a guy who got a ticket "speeding" at 33mph in a 30mph zone. I was in court once with a guy with a ticket for doing 35 in a 30. Let's get real here.

Again, plenty of times people are speeding dangerously and they should not be doing so.

I take that back, because if you don't see the connection then the compliment does not apply.

To believe that the speed limit posted in a specific area is "stupid" is to believe that your intellect is superior to those of the engineers, surveyors, and other experts who made those decisions. And even if you are correct, and it was simply a greedy bureaucratic decision in order to maximize profits off "innocent victims" like you, it is nevertheless arrogant of you.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 20 2016, 1:30 pm
I was trying to cross a street near my house. I had the walk symbol with a green light. 3 cars blew through the red. Another made a "rolling right turn" (had a red light, didn't stop and just turned). While I was in the crosswalk. Pregnant! What if my kids were with me? I couldn't get them away safely!!

Watch how you drive!!!

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 8:54 pm
Bumping this because we need a lawyer. Live in NY and ticket on NJ Palisades. Also over speed limit and reckless driving. Recommendations for a lawyer please?
Thanks!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 9:40 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but why is it that when it comes to other people breaking the law and getting caught, everyone is so quick to say "Good for them. Dina D'Malchusa Dina", yet when you break the law and endanger other peoples lives by speeding tremendously, we talk about how to get out of paying for it? (There are definitely some of the same posters involved in this conversation as the other ones.)

Someone had a bad ticket and went into the holy Steipler zya for a brocha.
The Steipler screamed at him.. Murderer they should throw the book at you..

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 9:51 pm
I'm not askig for whether this is right or wrong. Please don't judge. Was just asking for a recommendation.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 2:25 am
amother wrote:
I was trying to cross a street near my house. I had the walk symbol with a green light. 3 cars blew through the red. Another made a "rolling right turn" (had a red light, didn't stop and just turned). While I was in the crosswalk. Pregnant! What if my kids were with me? I couldn't get them away safely!!

Watch how you drive!!!

When my sister was 9, her best friend was killed at a crosswalk when two cars shot through a red. First one car hit her, then the other. There was not enough left for an open casket funeral. The parents went through hell, they ended up divorced over it, and the father turned his back on G-d.

My sister had nightmares for years afterward, and I'd often find her climbing into my bed at night sobbing.

The cars were going "just a little over the speed limit, and the light was changing, not 'actually red'."

I know a rabbi who was driving his kids to school, and was running late. He killed a man at a crosswalk when he tried to get through a light before it changed. Right in front of his kids. I think he did about 2 years in jail, and ended up having to take his family and move to another country because no one would hire him after that. He was "going just a little above the speed limit."

200,000 children die in the US each year from auto accidents.

Oh, but it will never happen to you, because you so much a better driver than everyone else, right? It will never happen to your children, because they know how to look both ways before crossing the street?

Anyone who speeds or disobeys traffic signs should not just have the book thrown at them, but the entire library. Mad

vet techy

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 3:17 am
amother wrote:
Bumping this because we need a lawyer. Live in NY and ticket on NJ Palisades. Also over speed limit and reckless driving. Recommendations for a lawyer please?
Thanks!

Zev Goldstein in Monsey.
845-371-8457

amother
Teal

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 8:34 am
vet techy wrote:
Zev Goldstein in Monsey.
845-371-8457

I used him too and I got scott free off of all the tickets I think there was 3 tickets.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 7:02 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
When my sister was 9, her best friend was killed at a crosswalk when two cars shot through a red. First one car hit her, then the other. There was not enough left for an open casket funeral. The parents went through hell, they ended up divorced over it, and the father turned his back on G-d.

My sister had nightmares for years afterward, and I'd often find her climbing into my bed at night sobbing.

The cars were going "just a little over the speed limit, and the light was changing, not 'actually red'."

I know a rabbi who was driving his kids to school, and was running late. He killed a man at a crosswalk when he tried to get through a light before it changed. Right in front of his kids. I think he did about 2 years in jail, and ended up having to take his family and move to another country because no one would hire him after that. He was "going just a little above the speed limit."

200,000 children die in the US each year from auto accidents.

Oh, but it will never happen to you, because you so much a better driver than everyone else, right? It will never happen to your children, because they know how to look both ways before crossing the street?

Anyone who speeds or disobeys traffic signs should not just have the book thrown at them, but the entire library. Mad

This is actually my thread that was bumped. You don't have to bring out all the sob stories.
I agree with you and do not excuse speeding especially on city streets.
This instance was about a sudden reduction in speed limit (20 mph) on a major highway that is known to be a ticket trap.

cbsp

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 12:03 pm
amother wrote:

This instance was about a sudden reduction in speed limit (20 mph) on a major highway that is known to be a ticket trap.

And now maybe something legally will be done about at least part of it:

http://www.thelakewoodscoop.co......html
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries