Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you were given an empty shop...

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:31 am
What type of business would you open?

I’m not talented that I can just open a shop selling/ using my talent since there is none

No fashion flair, not good with anything hands on like wigs or hair styling, no good with computers either.... yet I have an opportunity to run a business!!!!

What would you do??

Kiwi13

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:39 am
What do you enjoy? What would you do if you were good at everything? You can potentially hire the talent you need.

zaq

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:45 am
I absolutely hate selling, so I would rent out the space. Or get an agent to rent it out for me. But if a vindictive government passed a law obligating me to go into retail, I would think of something I’m familiar with and love to possess, be around, and talk about. (Just not candy, ice cream or baked goods because I’d be my own best customer and literally eat up all the profits!)

lfab

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:55 am
First and foremost you need to determine what they're is a need for in your area. No point in opening a business if there are already 5 others just like it in your area and it will therefore be more difficult to be successful. Easiest is if you go for something that's a need, such as children's shoes etc. Since that's something people need to buy anyway is easier to get customers. Or you can sell something that's more of a want, such as a toy store or baby supply store. But that would require you to be more proactive and convince people that they need the product you are selling.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 12:32 pm
I have had this dream my whole life!

I would showcase my jewelry, and create a space for other local artists to show and sell their work, possibly on a rotating basis. I'd run it as a collective art gallery.

This is one of my absolute favorite fantasies. I would want to be wealthy enough that I didn't have to depend on making the shop profitable all the time, so I wouldn't be stressed out if business was slow that month.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 12:39 pm
What I would do and what you should so are two different answers. I'd get my dream studio.
You, do you need to fill a void in your income? If so, find out what your community/area needs and see if you can fill that need. If it's just for fun, then you can do anything you'd get pleasure out of.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:40 pm
I would sell shoes and bags and accessories ...hmm id probably keep them all myself before they go on the shelves... Tongue Out

amother
Gray

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:57 pm
This

https://nunclife.com/shop/

I'd sell overpriced broken watches, to demonstrate that time is nothing more than an artificial construct.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 3:57 pm
I haven't been given an empty shop, but during a recent illness I came up with the idea of opening a backyard plant nursery. I mean, I've got a stressful job that I think had a share in getting me ill in the first place and I would like to downgrade, reduce my hours and do something softer instead part of the time.
No idea if this takes off or if it's a flop. I've started acquiring plants at little to no cost and we'll see if any of it sells. Planning local test sales as early as next month. If it really works, I might transform it with time into a real, official business. If not, well, I'll have had an interesting summer.

If I had to open a shop with something else, I'd look into selling chocolates, pralines, stuff like that.
Both plants and chocolates are things that I like and can get enthusiastic about, so that probably increases chances of success. At the very least, it makes the attempt pleasant while it lasts.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 4:20 pm
amother wrote:
I haven't been given an empty shop, but during a recent illness I came up with the idea of opening a backyard plant nursery. I mean, I've got a stressful job that I think had a share in getting me ill in the first place and I would like to downgrade, reduce my hours and do something softer instead part of the time.
No idea if this takes off or if it's a flop. I've started acquiring plants at little to no cost and we'll see if any of it sells. Planning local test sales as early as next month. If it really works, I might transform it with time into a real, official business. If not, well, I'll have had an interesting summer.

If I had to open a shop with something else, I'd look into selling chocolates, pralines, stuff like that.
Both plants and chocolates are things that I like and can get enthusiastic about, so that probably increases chances of success. At the very least, it makes the attempt pleasant while it lasts.

As part of my gift shop/art collective idea, I want to have house plants potted in antique teapots and teacups. They would make great gifts, with a small box of chocolate on the side.

Feel free to steal the idea! You can get really cheap china on Etsy - it's usually sold to people who are going to break it up for mosaics. There might be a small chip here and there, but that just adds to the vintage charm.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:35 pm
I'm good at listening to people, so I'd furnish the shop with couches, plants, rugs, tea, and hang a sign, "empathy cafe".

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:40 pm
I'd turn it into a scrapbooking studio where I'd sell products and also give scrapbooking classes where I would teach different creative techniques and provide women with a fun night out with friends and where they get to create everlasting memories through art. This is my real dream.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:58 pm
I would open a day spa where women could come and get pampered.
A place where you could come for a mani pedi, a shaitel macher, a massage. A smoothie and latte bar with minature sandwiches and pastries.
There would also be a boutique with a model walking around modeling the clothing and comfy couches for people to sit and shmooze.

Or I would open a store similar to Payless and Tj maxx.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:05 pm
google the businesses that made the most money on “shark tank” and “the profit” and also google top franchises

You should get a huge range of ideas on what sells and maybe something will speak to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics