Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Meghan markles wedding dress
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:01 am
I was pretty disappointed...the neckline wasn't flattering on her and the fit wasn't great. I get she was going for a simple look, but in this case in didn't work well. The veil was gorgeous, however it didn't really go with the dress...she should have had a little lace on the dress that mimicked the lace on the veil. The tiara is beautiful, but I don't think it blended well with the hairstyle, dress and veil. She is a bit older, so she was obviously going for a mature look, rather than a young princess look. Oh, and the little boys' outfits were strange.

moonstone

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:12 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I liked the neckline, but that's it. The rest was boring and wrinkled looking. A very off the rack fit, IMHO.

I would have loved to see some wide lace at the bottom of the sleeves and hemline. Something to break up that sea of solid white.

Ha, thats exactly what I was thinking- a bit of bling, a fold, a gather - something to break up that sea of white!

And yeah, too loose in the waist. I was underwhelmed. I didn't like her hair, either. I know the messy bun is her signature style, but she should have done something less messy for the big day. The middle part didn't look good with the tiara, she should have parted her hair on the side.

moonstone

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:13 am
Squishy wrote:
She lost 23lbs before her wedding. She was eating ice cubes instead of some meals. As Katy Perry said, "I would have had one more fitting." The dress was too big for her. The fabric was stiff to have give.

Oh, how sad. She was already tiny, she didn't need to lose any weight. Certainly not 23 lbs!

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:15 am
moonstone wrote:
Oh, how sad. She was already tiny, she didn't need to lose any weight. Certainly not 23 lbs!

She does copy Princess Di.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:13 am
Squishy wrote:
She does copy Princess Di.

This bothers me. I've been following her way before Harry came on the scene. I find it quite remarkable that she has stayed level-headed and true to herself despite being tarred and feathered by the media. She must truly love Harry. Otherwise I can't imagine why someone so intelligent, wealthy and successful would be willing to put up with the unyielding scrutiny and criticism.The novelty of being a princess fades quickly, his other girlfriends ran from it after a while.

watergirl

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:26 am
Squishy wrote:
She lost 23lbs before her wedding. She was eating ice cubes instead of some meals. As Katy Perry said, "I would have had one more fitting." The dress was too big for her. The fabric was stiff to have give.

Where did you hear this? I googled and only saw it mentioned on tabloid sites.

erm

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:30 am
The dress was simple and elegant, although it could have fit a bit better. What I don't get its how the designer was able to justify that price tag for a plain dress like that!!!

glamourmom

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:24 am
I love Megan and she could have looked like a dream. I felt she looked too severe. the tight hair and plain gown was "underwhelming". the veil was very pretty but not enough wow factor to make up for the rest of her look. JMHO. what do I know?
either way, that smile. she's gorgeous!

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:34 am
Meghan looked beautiful and happy. I liked that her dress was simple. And wow, her tiara was gorgeous!

zaq

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:42 am
Leave the woman alone. She looks happy, what more do you need? She has a lifetime of scrutiny and sniping ahead of her, can’t you all let her be until at least after the honeymoon?

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:43 am
I also thought her dress was a bit to bla. The top part , I loved, but than nothing. Like something more would do a world of difference, and I love classic pieces, but it was extremely simple.

Her tiara was a dream! A real princess! I hated her hair.

Kate looked magnificent but extremely skinny.

I enjoy this gossip here. Lol!! 😂😝🤪

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:44 am
Also the dress had a horrible fit.

Why am I so busy with it?? I better start LAUNDRY!!!!! 😩😏

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:54 am
The veil had the national flowers of each member of the commonwealth. I’d imagine that that’s where the pricetag lies

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 9:11 am
The fabric was bespoke. It was designed specifically for her.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 9:16 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
Also the dress had a horrible fit.

Why am I so busy with it?? I better start LAUNDRY!!!!! 😩😏

Perhaps because I've only seen stills, not video, I didn't think it fit poorly.

I thought that the dress was absolutely magnificent. Simple. Timeless. Elegant. It fit her style perfectly.

It also served as a perfect backdrop for the magnificent veil with the Commonwealth flowers. The veil would have been too much with a more embellished dress, but was perfect with the simple one.

I was also thrilled to see her hair up. I hate the trend of wearing hair down as a bride, as if the bride was coming from a day at the office. I even liked the "not quite perfect" perfection of the look.

In 30 years, no one will look at their wedding photos and exclaim "what was she thinking!" as we do looking at Princess Diana's photos. (Or at least as I do. Sorry, but that dress was an amalgam of everything that was wrong with the late 70s/early 80s.)

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 9:16 am
Squishy wrote:
The fabric was bespoke. It was designed specifically for her.

Disingenuous for her, costom made does not always translate to made well and most flattering.
I’m always a bit sad when a Purim dress doesn’t fit my daughter perfectly. A dress that doesn’t fit just right makes me feel a little sad for both the wearer and designer.

HappyGoLucky1

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 9:27 am
You intrigued me so I Googled right after opening this thread.

I think the gown was beautiful in its simplicity although it needed a bit of tacking. If she left her hair down instead of up it would have dressed up the whole look. Do they not wear jewelry? Simple jewelry also would have dressed everything up.
Tiara was beautiful, the veil was not really my taste.
I also wasn't a fan of the photography. The coloring just seems off to me, though that could just be me. Kate's pictures were more vibrant and royal in my opinion.

WhatFor

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 9:41 am
zaq wrote:
Leave the woman alone. She looks happy, what more do you need? She has a lifetime of scrutiny and sniping ahead of her, can’t you all let her be until at least after the honeymoon?

Totally agree with you but I think some people here are just passionate about fashion and care about the actual dress.

Anyway, what do those ladies think of this? Is the top part actually sheer or tznuah? Would you wear?

https://www.popsugar.com/fashi.....69606

erm

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 9:49 am
Iymnok wrote:
The veil had the national flowers of each member of the commonwealth. I’d imagine that that’s where the pricetag lies

53 flowers justifies a $500,000 price tag?

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 10:14 am
erm wrote:
53 flowers justifies a $500,000 price tag?

Hand sewn?
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics