Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Instant Pot - Parve with new insert and lid?

Razzle100

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 11:40 am
Does anyone know if I use a new insert and new glass lid (in a meat IP, not using the electronic lid) would be actually parve, or still "meat equipment"? Is there a way to kasher it in between if not?

I'd like to know if there is a way to make parve recipes in the Instant Pot that can then go on milk dishes, have cheese added after cooking, etc.

Thanks!

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 11:46 am
Would love feedback about the Instapot.

WhatFor

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 12:15 pm
I think you have to ask your lor, but imo I would think yes. To me it seems it's analogous to a treif stove (meaning any food that falls on the stove is treif) but you use it for both meat and milk pots.

I would consider the outside apparatus the "stove" and then the pot and cover is its own thing because it's sealed. But maybe this is different because the outer pot encases the inner pot? Ask your LOR and carefully explain how the instant pot works so that they understand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen