Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Nature bright questions for experts

Bluesky 1

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 10:50 pm
How much to put for one shirt? How long to soak?

Bluesky 1

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 11:36 pm
Anyone? The shirt has colors

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:27 am
Why don’t you follow the instructions on the package?
I use the soaking instructions.

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 9:59 am
im so sad, I just checked the shirt and its still yellow, its a new shirt and im so sad. cause I was waiting a winter long to use it and for some reason it got yellow by the sleeves and the front is actually colored. im so sad. I know its not the end of the world. it bothers me cause I think I made a mistake by washing all my dd clothes in one wash and thats how the original stain started. I learnned a lessson. I will seperate dark and whites. I usually do, but for some reason her stuff I dont. now I know.

im wondering if I leave it will it come out? I thought nature bright is soo good. what happened?

anyone else an expert in nature bright and stains? what was your experience? were you successful, im looking for success stories. I need chizuk

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 10:32 am
Can you describe the garment more? Type of fabric, colors/print? Some garments are too delicate for heaving soaking.
But in general, for a stubborn stain, use 2 full scoops, dissolve with boiling hot water in a basin, and let garment soak overnight. Scrub at stain with cleaning toothbrush. Repeat again as necessary.

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:24 pm
Ramom, your an angel, I'm so upset about it. So let's see, it's a t-shirt. The back and sleeves are white, the front has a cute print of a tree thebackground is light blue and dark blue on bottom.

I used only one scoop. In the sink with cold water. I'm afraid to use hot water. I don't wanto ruin the front. Such a cute t shirt

So I got frustrated and used bleach on the white. A lot of the yellow came off but there are black stains that are all over and are even more stubborn.

Maybe I should mix the nature bright with hot water, wait till it cools then mix with shirt? How many days can I soak it?

mom2dkay

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 1:04 pm
Just for future, bleach is the worst for yellow stains!
You can try the soak again.
Or you can wet only the area of the stain and make a paste of nature bright directly on the stain.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 1:16 pm
Bluesky 1 wrote:
Ramom, your an angel, I'm so upset about it. So let's see, it's a t-shirt. The back and sleeves are white, the front has a cute print of a tree thebackground is light blue and dark blue on bottom.

I used only one scoop. In the sink with cold water. I'm afraid to use hot water. I don't wanto ruin the front. Such a cute t shirt

So I got frustrated and used bleach on the white. A lot of the yellow came off but there are black stains that are all over and are even more stubborn.

Maybe I should mix the nature bright with hot water, wait till it cools then mix with shirt? How many days can I soak it?

The front print, is it part of the fabric, or screened/printed on top of the fabric? If it's weaved/part of the fabric, I wouldn't worry about it getting ruined from soaking. If it's screened on top, I agree, don't use hot water.

Also, regarding soaking, don't soak more than overnight (8 hours?). You can repeat again if necessary with fresh soaking solution after trying to scrub out the stain and rinsing everything out.

What are the black stains from? This makes a difference in how to treat it.

My suggestion to you is to make the entire garment wet, then lay it flat in the laundry room sink or in a clean bathrub. Squeeze some Dawn dish soap into your hand, and rub your two palms together so you have a light coating on your palms. Then massage that into the fabric stains with the palms of your hands. Add more as necessary.
Let the wet retreated garment sit like that for 2 hours. Then scrub scrub the stains with a cleaning toothpaste and try to get them out. Rinse out the soap and then start again with spreading, allowing to sit, and scrubbing out the stains. Make sure the stains are out before proceeding to washing the garment in the washing machine. Also, very important to make sure that all the dish soap is completely washed out of the garment before you wash it in the machine, otherwise the soap suds can damage your HE machine.

Try this. If it doesn't work, then you know the stains are dire and your only choice is to leave the stains, or to proceed with much riskier methods like boiling water, stronger oxiclean, and heavy soaking.

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 1:56 pm
ok, so I decided before you gave out your advice to spray shout and some oxiclean powder. I know its harsh. but only on the white parts. I dont know if the design is screened or part of the tshirt. how would I know?

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 1:57 pm
Bluesky 1 wrote:
ok, so I decided before you gave out your advice to spray shout and some oxiclean powder. I know its harsh. but only on the white parts. I dont know if the design is screened or part of the tshirt. how would I know?

The print would have a slight raised, possibly plasticy feel.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 2:14 pm
so heres the short story. I put it in the wash with all different types of clothes. on cool cycle and this tshirt came out with dark stains all over. im assuming that the dark colors bled on the white. cause it wasnt there before I put in the wash. even though I used vinegar it still bled. im assuming. not sure 100 percent.

I might just not even use nb. go to dawn and see if that helps. the yellow stuff is almost all out. im rinsing it now to let it dry and see how the yellow looks after. they say that stains are darker when wet. so I will see tomorrow how it looks. the yellow is alot better since I used bleach. sorry to the poster who said dont use bleach. I did very carefully and it helped. im not gonna use it near the dark areas

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 2:16 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The print would have a slight raised, possibly plasticy feel.

thank you so much for your help your so nice. ok, some of it is part of fabric and some not. so I wont be able to use hot water.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 5:14 pm
If the stains are from the wash with other clothes, that is very difficult to get out. Dawn gets out food and dirt but this is a color bleeding issue. Let us know how it goes.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 9:20 pm
In the meantime it's a lot better, I give credit to the nb, oxiclean, shout, bleach. It looks good, not yet dry, I'll see tomorrow and let y'all know

The yellow is definitely not color bleeding here it's the black stains that are. The yellow happened over you tov when I put it near the sink. And I had put shout on the black before yt. I have no idea how I got the yellow, so far so good. I'll see tomorrow
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry