Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Real estate lawyer Lakewood
Previous  1  2

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 2:26 pm
What about Noah Burton did anyone ever use him?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:24 am
amother wrote:
What about Noah Burton did anyone ever use him?

I used David Klein (was very happy with him), but my seller used Noah Burton.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 9:04 am
Chayalle wrote:

And was he good?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 10:37 am
I presume my seller was satisfied....from my end, he has a very busy office. Some things shlepped, my lawyer had to bug him for responses.

But he seems to be a good lawyer.

jacksonnj

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 11:03 am
Im using gerald klein , very nice to deal with
Were r u moving to?

yonaha

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 7:45 am
We were very, very happy with David Steinmetz. He's regarded as the best lawyer in Lakewood for a reason.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 2:57 pm
Chayalle wrote:

I listened to your advice and I used david Klein. It was a total disaster. He never picks up his phone and if you leave him a message he has his paralegal call you back and twice a week his paralegal leaves the office at 3 so if you have any emergency then you have to wait until the next day for a response since he himself doesn't pick up phone calls.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 6:17 pm
amother wrote:
Ive used Klein and Ive used (Miriam) Weinstein.

Weinstein will get back to you way faster than Klein and help with little details that other lawyers would not.

I really like Weinstein!

I used hanky, Gerald Klein and my seller used Weinstein, she was a nightmare and no she did not respond anywhere as quick as Klein.

Do you work for Weinstein? She's a nightmare

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 6:32 pm
At the end of the day besides for Gerald Klein who else is a good real estate lawyer?

amotherof3

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 7:23 pm
I've used David Klein and was extremely happy.

mommyla

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 7:33 pm
amotherof3 wrote:
I've used David Klein and was extremely happy.

Me too. His paralegal (Sandra?) was also very knowledgeable and helpful.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 8:07 pm
I've read through this post and am shocked that people have no problem posting on this PUBLIC forum that attorneys "shlepped" or the like. It's outright lashon hora that can seriously hurt someone's business. If you have something good to say, post it. If you have nothing good to say and feel it's l'toeles to let the OP know, either PM her or keep quiet!

Oh, I've used David Klein 3x - I bought with him five years ago and recently sold that house with him and bought another. Was happy all 3x. My brother in law used Miriam Weinstein and was very happy with her too.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 8:58 pm
amother wrote:
I've read through this post and am shocked that people have no problem posting on this PUBLIC forum that attorneys "shlepped" or the like. It's outright lashon hora that can seriously hurt someone's business. If you have something good to say, post it. If you have nothing good to say and feel it's l'toeles to let the OP know, either PM her or keep quiet!

Oh, I've used David Klein 3x - I bought with him five years ago and recently sold that house with him and bought another. Was happy all 3x. My brother in law used Miriam Weinstein and was very happy with her too.

For those that use david Klein was it a simple regular deal because then you
Can use anyone?

I'm looking for a lawyer that is really a good advocate for their client and is fast not someone who twice a week you
Can't reach them after 3:00 because Sandra left for the day. If you had a regular no issue contract then you will be happy with any lawyer.

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 8:14 am
amother wrote:
For those that use david Klein was it a simple regular deal because then you
Can use anyone?

I'm looking for a lawyer that is really a good advocate for their client and is fast not someone who twice a week you
Can't reach them after 3:00 because Sandra left for the day. If you had a regular no issue contract then you will be happy with any lawyer.

So I used David Klein, and he saved me close to 10K on something that he included in the contract, that turned out to be an issue and the seller agreed to work that out with us. I don't want to post a ton of information, but he absolutely saved me a bundle, negotiated and held firm, and was thorough. I used him because my BIL, a mortgage broker, recommended him, knowing that certain aspects of our sale might be complicated.

It's true that Sandra handles alot of the work, but I found her to be very competent. I also communicated alot via email rather than phone, and I found them to be pretty responsive to my needs. Yes, some things took longer and shlepped, but alot of that was due to the other party's lawyer also taking his time....which could be the seller, or other factors, too, that I may not be privy to.

Last edited by Chayalle on Thu, May 24 2018, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 8:25 am
amother wrote:

I actually think the shlepping is par for the course. I think some people expect everything to be 1-2-3 nowadays - perhaps in this instant-click generation, we get used to that. The truth is, selling and buying a house is a complex business, and lawyers have alot going on. For the time they put into our contracts, they don't really make a ton of money. They have to be servicing multiple clients at once, and they are often having to be looking up various details, etc...so expecting things not to take time is often not realistic. If your lawyer doesn't respond to you right away, he can be working with another lawyer, and that lawyer might be held up by something else...so just the fact that things take time should be considered normal. Perhaps a deal that didn't shlep didn't have any complicated matters coming up! In my situation, there was something in the contract that didn't pan out from the other side, and there was a pretty stubborn seller involved. I'll leave it at that.

There is more than one lawyer in this list, though, that messed up on contracts for people I know. I'm not going to post who, though, because it's likely L"H. Also - consider the following: My sister used a certain lawyer people here are recommending, and there ended up being a legal issue from the seller's side involving the house that delayed the sale and ended up costing my sister a few grand as she was left holding the bag for those legal issues. She actually had brought that to the lawyer's attention right from the beginning, and the lawyer brushed it off as "nothing to worry about" and did nothing to get the seller to assume responsibility for those issues.

My sister used this lawyer because my other sister was thrilled with same lawyer - told my other sister to drop a certain property that had certain legal issues that the seller was trying to hide and avoid. Likely spared her lots of agmas nefesh...and then handled the sale of the house she did eventually buy, beautifully.

So I'm gonna guess every lawyer has had some bloopers. I have one sister raving about the same lawyer other sister is upset at.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 8:49 am
Chayalle wrote:
So I used David Klein, and he saved me close to 10K on something that he included in the contract, that turned out to be an issue and the seller agreed to work that out with us. I don't want to post a ton of information, but he absolutely saved me a bundle, negotiated and held firm, and was thorough. I used him because my BIL, a mortgage broker, recommended him, knowing that certain aspects of our sale might be complicated.

It's true that Sandra handles alot of the work, but I found her to be very competent. I also communicated alot via email rather than phone, and I found them to be pretty responsive to my needs. Yes, some things took longer and shlepped, but alot of that was due to the other party's lawyer also taking his time....which could be the seller, or other factors, too, that I may not be privy to.

I was in a deal that time was of the essence and david Klein ignored their threats claiming every one saids it and don't worry. He lost me the home plus money. The problem
Is hr doesn't pick up phone calls and Sandra leaves at three twice a week and there is no one else to speak to so if you are in a time sensitive with a deal he isn't the guy to go to. Maybe for a deal that a person can take their time he would be good.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 12:59 pm
We just closed with David Steinmetz. It was a multi family, and he was excellent. He knows the law cold, doesn't get upset or fazed about anything, gets the job done, and is always there. Plus, he's very ehrlich and a massive talmid chochom. Love him.

And in litigation? No one even comes close. Not because he's obnoxious like the one or two other litigators in town (generally a sign of weakness or self-esteem), but because he just knows how to get things done. Fantastic writer and orater too. When he talks, everyone listens.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 2:34 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
We just closed with David Steinmetz. It was a multi family, and he was excellent. He knows the law cold, doesn't get upset or fazed about anything, gets the job done, and is always there. Plus, he's very ehrlich and a massive talmid chochom. Love him.

And in litigation? No one even comes close. Not because he's obnoxious like the one or two other litigators in town (generally a sign of weakness or self-esteem), but because he just knows how to get things done. Fantastic writer and orater too. When he talks, everyone listens.

True. But hiring Mr. Steinmetz for a residential closing is like using an atom bomb to take out an insect. And that's a direct quote from Abe Penzer, a former boss of mine.

He focuses on litigation and higher end, commercial closings. My husband has been working with him for over ten years; so does my brother in law. Everything said here about him is true. A really kind, and level headed illuy.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 10:40 am
jacksonnj wrote:
Im using gerald klein , very nice to deal with
Were r u moving to?

Is Gerald Klein STILL "nice to deal with", and a "fighter" if issues arise?

Sometimes as attorneys get a top name, their "feistiness" declines.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating