Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Sara shenirer college

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 12:02 pm
Does anyone have experience with this program? Does it lead to a degree useful for parnassa?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 12:10 pm
The degree is VERY useful for Parnassa if the girl lives in NY. If she moves away like to NJ then it is not so useful.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
The degree is VERY useful for Parnassa if the girl lives in NY. If she moves away like to NJ then it is not so useful.

Not OP, but what's the difference between using the degree in NY vs. NJ?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 2:08 pm
Because it's a "cop out" degree that's only really recnogized by Jewish places that legally need their workers to have a degree, but don't actually care if they're educated.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
Because it's a "cop out" degree that's only really recnogized by Jewish places that legally need their workers to have a degree, but don't actually care if they're educated.

What! Absolutely not true!

The funding in NJ is different, that's really why.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 2:40 pm
My daughter got an undergrad degree through Sarah Schenirer, and got into an exclusive (at the time) SUNY masters' program- she is now a licensed LMHC. My younger daughter who will be returning shortly from seminary in Israel will probably also get her BA through Sarah Schenirer and pursue a graduate degree thereafter. I have found that once you are getting an advanced degree, the undergrad degree does not have to be that impressive (or expensive). It needs to be adequate to get you into a good master's program. I can't speak to viability of their joint BA/MA programs or of the value of an undergrad degree in the job market, however.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 4:01 pm
amother wrote:
My daughter got an undergrad degree through Sarah Schenirer, and got into an exclusive (at the time) SUNY masters' program- she is now a licensed LMHC. My younger daughter who will be returning shortly from seminary in Israel will probably also get her BA through Sarah Schenirer and pursue a graduate degree thereafter. I have found that once you are getting an advanced degree, the undergrad degree does not have to be that impressive (or expensive). It needs to be adequate to get you into a good master's program. I can't speak to viability of their joint BA/MA programs or of the value of an undergrad degree in the job market, however.

I know many women who got a master's in Special Education through Sarah Schenirer. It is legitimate and actually very rigorous, as well. Not a call-in degree at all! I don't know if they are offering any other Master's degrees, but I would assume the quality would be the same.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children