Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Sisters Under Siege-in Family First

theotherone

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 9:45 pm
Am I the only one who is a little lost? What is Tirtza's problem? Is she schizophrenic? I hate when serials start in the middle of nowhere and give no background info, just hints here and there. I am finding it very hard to follow. Ditto with the new serial in the main Mishpacha about the boy who is attracted to Kittiver chasidus. That one is a little better but I still feel a little lost. Why do writers assume that we know all the players and the issues without them being spelled out clearly?

Happy18

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 10:03 pm
I'm totally lost. But I didnt read it one week so I thought that was why.

debsters1101

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 10:05 pm
yeah, from this weeks chapter it seems like she is schizophrenic or something like that. I'm really enjoying the story so far, it's such an interesting and unfamiliar (to me anyway) time period.

daisy

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 10:35 pm
I'm also liking this. It's different and seems well written. I agree that she seems schizophrenic from this week's episode. That she had some sort of mental illness was apparent from the beginning.

rivka6

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 12:31 am
Sorry to show my stupidity, but is kittiver a made up group? I am assuming so....

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 1:12 pm
I am a Dov Haller fan and I'm finding this new novel (not written by him) about the Kittever sect to be so shallow and annoying. I'm really not finding like I even have the patience to get through it. It's not well written and I'm not sure where it's going but I'm pretty sure every angle I can think of has been covered in Mishpacha before (anyone remember Naama's serial?) Whatever.

The Sisters Under Siege is definately better but also not ay ay ay. I love history and I've read Forever My Jerusalem a million times. I also love Leah Gebber's Turning Tides stories so this serial is a bit disappointing but I'm going to give myself time to get into it.

rivka6

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 1:22 pm
Totally agree. With Diamond Dust one long panic attack, the Sisters schizophrenia, and young Shaya a lost soul, Mishpacha reading has become one long therapy session.

luvinlife

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 3:04 pm
Diamond dust is the only story I am liking. They got to start something new and interesting.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 4:43 pm
Can someone tell me what happened in this story? I was following and then stopped getting Mishpacha, so I never finished it. Lately, it's been bothering me that I never found out what happened in the end.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 6:41 pm
is the new book sisters under siege one of the magazine serials?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 9:14 pm
amother wrote:
is the new book sisters under siege one of the magazine serials?

I'm pretty sure it's b'feirush in the ad. It's by Leah Gebber, author of the serial.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room