Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Non profit salary question for israel

ROFL

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:59 pm
Hi
This is for a freind What is a “ normal” salary for a director in a non profit agency in israel. I know there are different non profits and different levels of work. But is it possible to earn over 25-30,000 shekel per month in this type of jobs or is it only in HI Tech that you can earn this amount of money ?
If anyone can help me, help my freind decide if they can leave a job in NY that pays about $125,000 and make a similar amount in israel.
Thanks

Teomima

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 4:32 am
I don't know the answer to your question but I want to say I think it's unreasonable for anyone, in any field, to think they can make, in Israel, the same salary they'd make in the States. You don't make aliyah for the money. Not to mention, cost of living is totally different, too. But so is the lifestyle. It's a completely different standard of living.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 5:34 am
I know someone who has a PHD from Harvard, working as a Bio engineer or something like that. He makes 20,000 a month.

The average salary here is 7000 shekels a month.
I have a friend in non-profit, full time, . She makes 7000 shekel and bonuses. This is also someone with over 20 years of experience.

I really don't know anything that will make you nearly as much as she is expecting, unless she went to Harvard or is in high tech and a genius, or a savvy businessman.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 7:17 am
I make about 13-14 k bruto as a full time high school teacher with 20 yr experience. 11 net.
Notprofit field is notoriously underpaid.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, May 26 2018, 4:39 pm
My husband who works in hi tech with a PhD makes that much. No way you can make that much at a non-profit.

But, please remind your friend that some her expenses will be much much much lower in Israel than in NY: healthcare, school tuition for kids, rent, etc. So she doesn't need to make the same salary she did in the US. In Israel she could make half of what she is making in NY and still be able to save more every month. The total amount of your salary is much less important than your income vs. spending.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions