Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Kids suddenly having accidents BM

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:19 pm
Asking for someone not on this website- her two children ages nearly 6 and 4.5 have started having BM accidents. They were totally fine, fully trained for years and now both of them are doing it. There haven’t been any changes in their home. Any insights and ideas how to stop it?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
Asking for someone not on this website- her two children ages nearly 6 and 4.5 have started having BM accidents. They were totally fine, fully trained for years and now both of them are doing it. There haven’t been any changes in their home. Any insights and ideas how to stop it?

This is currently happening to a friend of mine as well. Her 3 year old, who has been fully trained (day and night) since last summer, started having accidents every single day. I said she should speak to her ped. He told her to get a urine sample, and he sent it for a culture. He said that it’s common in little kids to not have (or not recognize) the pain when peeing, but to have loose bowel movements that they can’t control.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:43 pm
Is there a copycat element? I would look seriously into any possibility of s-xual abuse. Carefully think about whether these children are ever left alone with anyone, or even if anything could have possibly happened without being alone.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:21 pm
Some kids are very busy playing outside, they don't have patience to go to the bathroom.
Maybe one is copying the other.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:24 pm
Maybe they both have some type of infection, stomach bug, both had food poisoning, etc.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:33 pm
OP here. This has been going on for months. Doesn’t happen every day but it happens too often to make sense. Today one was playing outside, the other one was at a friend’s house. It’s just strange because last summer and the one before there wasn’t an issue.

happy mommy6

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:51 pm
May be constipation.... we had this!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 9:42 pm
This happened to my son when he was seven! It ended up being PANDAS, after a few days of zithromax it stopped!!!!!!!

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 12:02 am
My son had encopuresis. A few days of Mirilax did the trick.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 12:04 am
The mystery is in the fact that it’s both Kids suddenly having this issue. It would be easier to investigate if it was just one. How likely that both having the same issue for months on end?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
My son had encopuresis. A few days of Mirilax did the trick.
'

Interesting, my daughter had encopresis as well, and it took a lot more then a few days of miralax to get it resolved.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 4:09 pm
the strange part is that it is happening to both of them. I would definitely look into s-xual abuse. know many kids that this happened to because they were being abused.

Frenchfry

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:09 pm
We had this more than once. It ended up being a dystented rectum. A suppository solved the problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training