Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Fear of Yizkor
Previous  1  2

Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 8:26 am
Confused

proudmom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 9:42 am
amother wrote:
proudmom curious to see what the next picture is. Wink keep bringing them on.

sorry about that, pictures didnt come out well.

1stimer

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 1:17 pm
Pearl wrote:
Confused
Twisted Evil

deedee

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 2:17 pm
my father has also been gone for 5 yrs (I'm 28 ). I feel like s/o said their husband does, that yitzkor is just part of life. I'm so lucky to still be able to do s/t for my father even though he is not here. my hubby has to say yitzkor too so I guess we have comfort in numbers. this is also where step children come in handy. my 12 yr old takes the baby out!
I try not to let my emotions over come me, just focus on the words I'm saying and imagining my fahters neshama going higher and higher. if it helps maybe try reading it in english to really understand what u are saying-it helps me!
moshiach should come now so we wont have these problems any more!!!

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 3:14 pm
I am not worried proudmom just keep changing them it is healthy it keeps the site more lively when we keep changing our pictures. I was that amother pearl you seem to confused. I just forgot to post my name. don't worry.

Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 4:47 am
hi supermom,
what confused me was not your post, but all the posts just reading "delete" so the whole thread becomes a mystery..... Confused

supermom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 8:12 am
oh I thought it was me. I guess they took it out all the deleted post cause I don't see any.

miriam

Post Tue, Jun 14 2005, 11:31 pm
Pickle Lady, how did it go? I thought of you the whole time. It was B"H good for me. I just have one question, why does the tefilla take so long? I only have one parent to say it for but what are people saying?

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jun 15 2005, 11:38 am
Well I did it. I went to a smaller shull instead of the much much larger shul, a last minute desision. I kept gearing myself up for it mentally. So when it came down to it, I said it and tears did fall down my face, so I left and went home. It was nice to hear from you miriam, your words of encouragent was a real help. thank you

What takes so long....I know for me I try to read it slowly and think about what I am saying.

jbyklyn007

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 2:01 am
What gives me comfort during yizkor is that B”H I just have to say yizkor for my father and when I'm done I look around and see Holocaust survivors who say yizkor after their whole family and I'm grateful that B"H I still have my Mom (till 120), siblings, hubby and kids and there are those who have no one.

Also I make sure to visit the grave site often especially before a Yom Tov. I say Tehilim and cry my heart out and that gives me comfort and strength to be joyous on Yom Tov and not get too worked up by yizkor.

May Hashem heed our cries, wipe our tears and heal our acing hearts with the coming of Moshiach at once.

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 9:22 am
Amein!

thanx for the change of perspective.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics