Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen dd embarrassed of toe fungus
Previous  1  2

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:52 pm
There is a new thing called nailner
https://nailner.co.uk/ its like a nail polish to coat over it

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:13 pm
I replied earlier about regular vinegar, just saying again that it really works, I just drip some vinegar on each toe before I go to sleep and really see a difference. worth a try and doesnt cost more then a dollar or two.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:14 pm
This I heard from a naturopath but never tried it myself. DH has toe nail fungus, but doesn’t have the discipline to do the following.

The only way to get rid of it naturally is to be SUPER vigilant in doing the following.
It’s a combination of doing both ACV soak and tea tree oil mixed with Vick’s vapor rub.

I don’t think 3 weeks is enough time though
And if you stop mid way it comes back with a vengeance

1. Soak feet in ACV for 30 minutes
2x a day.
I heard listerine also works, the yellow one but the naturopath said ACV.

2. Mix tea tree oil with Vick’s vapor rub.
Apply 2x a day. Cover with gauze.

It takes about 2 weeks to see the new growth come in clean. About 3 months to get completely rid of it.
But just like antibiotics you can’t stop mid way.

DH heard of laser for toe fungus

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 10:53 pm
I've had it since I was a teenager and nothing really worked. Took Lamisil twice. It cleared up and came back. Did laser treatment together with Lamisil. It cleared up, but then came out on other foot, and then back on first one as well. In middle of second round of laser and not seeing any results at all.
Will look into the vinegar/oil combo because I am desperate.
I wish I had normal nails.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 11:19 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
It is gross and VERY hard to get rid of. Start now while she’s still young and not in shidduchim!!!! Go to a dr!

Yeah forget about her chances in getting a shidduch with a toe fungus! She will be an old maid forever with that ugly toe nail. Boys ask for pics of toes these days, be warned! Get rid of it at all costs!

4pom

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:29 am
Try castor oil
l. Undecylenic acid, an active ingredient in castor oil, is widely acknowledged for its relief of fungal infections in the body. For foot or toenail fungus, soak feet in a basin of water with Epsom salts for about five minutes, and then apply castor oil liberally.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:33 pm
amother wrote:
This I heard from a naturopath but never tried it myself. DH has toe nail fungus, but doesn’t have the discipline to do the following.

The only way to get rid of it naturally is to be SUPER vigilant in doing the following.
It’s a combination of doing both ACV soak and tea tree oil mixed with Vick’s vapor rub.

I don’t think 3 weeks is enough time though
And if you stop mid way it comes back with a vengeance

1. Soak feet in ACV for 30 minutes
2x a day.
I heard listerine also works, the yellow one but the naturopath said ACV.

2. Mix tea tree oil with Vick’s vapor rub.
Apply 2x a day. Cover with gauze.

It takes about 2 weeks to see the new growth come in clean. About 3 months to get completely rid of it.
But just like antibiotics you can’t stop mid way.

DH heard of laser for toe fungus

How do you soak it 30 minutes- what kind of container? it ends up using so much of the vinegar. Can I reuse the vinegar-I'm assuming no?

OMG!

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:18 pm
Acv by mouth should also work. My podiatrist said nothing topical will help only oral. I believe soaking diligently will help but I gave up after a few soaks! Also good probiotic by mouth. I wish my toenail would look nicer, keeping it trimmed and taken care of is the best I can do.
Good luck

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:59 pm
OMG! wrote:
Acv by mouth should also work. My podiatrist said nothing topical will help only oral. I believe soaking diligently will help but I gave up after a few soaks! Also good probiotic by mouth. I wish my toenail would look nicer, keeping it trimmed and taken care of is the best I can do.
Good luck

What do you soak it in? a flat pan will use up so much vinegar and a small disposable bowl is uncomfortable?

OMG!

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 9:49 am
amother wrote:
What do you soak it in? a flat pan will use up so much vinegar and a small disposable bowl is uncomfortable?

I used a bowl from negel vasser. Filled half with warm water and about one cup apple cider vinegar

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 10:23 am
Get her a prescription for Urea Gel! I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked long term until I diligently put urea gel twice every single day. Haven't worried about fungus for 9 years since bh

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 12:27 pm
Amother grey, from what I'm reading about urea gel, it is used to soften and remove the nail. Did you do anything once the nail was removed? Did it just grown back normal?

observer

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 12:50 pm
amother wrote:
Yeah forget about her chances in getting a shidduch with a toe fungus! She will be an old maid forever with that ugly toe nail. Boys ask for pics of toes these days, be warned! Get rid of it at all costs!

I think the poster meant to get rid of it before marriage, so that her toenails will be nice for her husband and that she wont have to feel self conscious in front of him. Not for the dating part.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 11:51 am
OMG! wrote:
I used a bowl from negel vasser. Filled half with warm water and about one cup apple cider vinegar

So you go through a bottle in 2 days?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children