Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Loving Messages from Hashem
1  2  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 2:20 pm
Loving Messages from Hashem

đź’– Love- I love you more than you can possibly imagine. No matter what you did and do. Never force yourself beyond your personal limits of the moment. Just be as loving as possible to yourself and others at any given time.

💖Understanding- You are going through a hard time right now. I am here with you. I understand your pain. You are never alone. Don’t be afraid of your feelings. I created them. These feelings are bringing you closer to me.

💖 Comfort - Breathe, __________, can you feel my presence? I am holding you. You are in good hands. I am always with you. Your journey is unlike anyone else’s. Be patient my child. Be compassionate and gentle with yourself. Do not compare yourself to anyone else. Each small step you take takes such courage, and brings you closer and closer to me.

💖 Praise - Look how much you are doing. You have such courage. I have so much nachas from you. I see how hard you are trying. I am very proud of the smallest acts of courage and kindness. Every effort you make brings such light into this world. I’m so proud that you _________ (smiled, stayed functional, did chesed, davened, did not eat that piece of cake, did not say that Loshon Hara etc.) These acts may seem small, but they bring such kedusha into this world. You are far greater than you think you are.

đź’– Trust - Trust me, ________. I am taking such good care of you. No one has any power to hurt you unless I allow it. You cannot rush the healing process. I am always with you, even in the darkest moments. You did not cause this loss. It had to be this way. Nothing happens unless I will it. As long as you are loving, you are a success. At all times, I give you just what you need. You are not alone in your pain. I am always with you.

elisheva25

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 6:51 pm
Love it !!
Thanx

wantavaca

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 9:16 pm
Just what I needed right now
This really helps!!!
U made it up?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 9:33 pm
I am printing this out. Thank you!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:15 pm
wantavaca wrote:
Just what I needed right now
This really helps!!!
U made it up?

Nope. Was sent to me.
No idea who the author is, tried to google it but nothing.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:00 pm
Sounds great.

But how do we know it's true (she said with a sad cynical smile )

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:24 pm
It’s beautiful.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 8:40 am
amother wrote:
Sounds great.

But how do we know it's true (she said with a sad cynical smile )

It's hard, but don't you feel like it's the truth?
Besides the fact for you've studied these facts..

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 7:17 pm
I loved it and felt it’s signif until the last part under trust ...... I believe certain things are his will and certain things are NOT. I do not believe Hashem is baby killer. And therefore I do not believe Hashem”s will is to end life of innocent kids. What Hashem presents humans with is a “free will” and according to our choices he determines best outcome (destiny) according to his determination. Hashem is giver and creator of life. nOT destroyer. He doesn’t go around gifting and punishing.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 8:23 pm
Ivory - I don't just feel these truths inside of me (though that is also necessary eventually), these things are written in the sefarim. They are part of our mesorah. Based on the unconfirmed internet source, I will admit this may have been written for Christians shock , but it still applies to us. Read GPS! A Navigation For Your Soul, by Yaakov Shain and Avi Fishoff. Very entertaining and easy read, but they delve into all these deep concepts, and bring sources.

Mistyrose - as far as I can tell, Hashem is a baby killer. I know it sounds harsh, but nothing happens without Hashem's will and assistance. En od milvado. He is everything. This is why we have the age old question of why do bad things happen to good people. It doesn't happen just because humans made errors. Hashem carefully calculated this - and we somehow have to trust, though our limited intellectual abilities and perspectives, that He is still just and good and kind. And it will all be revealed in time. My post might sound dispassionate, but in my mind I have tons of exclamation points and tears and accusatory fingers pointing towards Hashem... This is a hard part of life. But still, don't blame it on people when Hashem runs the world.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
Ivory - I don't just feel these truths inside of me (though that is also necessary eventually), these things are written in the sefarim. They are part of our mesorah. Based on the unconfirmed internet source, I will admit this may have been written for Christians shock , but it still applies to us. Read GPS! A Navigation For Your Soul, by Yaakov Shain and Avi Fishoff. Very entertaining and easy read, but they delve into all these deep concepts, and bring sources.

Mistyrose - as far as I can tell, Hashem is a baby killer. I know it sounds harsh, but nothing happens without Hashem's will and assistance. En od milvado. He is everything...

1. Yes it felt very Christian. But otoh

2. I love love love that GPS book

3. 100% agree with all that ein of milvado implies

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 11:09 pm
amother wrote:

Mistyrose - as far as I can tell, Hashem is a baby killer. I know it sounds harsh, but nothing happens without Hashem's will and assistance. En od milvado. He is everything. This is why we have the age old question of why do bad things happen to good people. It doesn't happen just because humans made errors. Hashem carefully calculated this - and we somehow have to trust, though our limited intellectual abilities and perspectives, that He is still just and good and kind. And it will all be revealed in time. My post might sound dispassionate, but in my mind I have tons of exclamation points and tears and accusatory fingers pointing towards Hashem... This is a hard part of life. But still, don't blame it on people when Hashem runs the world.

I also thought perhaps it was originally Christian, but I the copy I have was a photocopy of a page in a book, (really bad quality, had to retype this all). I tried to look online and search for parts and nothing came up, so there's nothing like this online. It may very well be from a Christian source, but seeing these facts, I don't think so.

Life is hard for me too. I do feel anger towards Hashem sometimes, but I see the bigger picture. I see the good that has come out of all the bad, even the smallest good.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 7:19 am
amother wrote:

Stop blaming Hashem. What you said you have no valuable proof to blame Hashem But when people make mistakes there is objective proof NO Hashem is not baby killer. Humans are. Let’s say you are a parent and you tell your child not to play with matches. Your will is to keep your child safe. Yet your child has choice to listen to you or not. If your child decides he will play with matches and causes fire. Was this your will ? Did u cause it ? Same applies with our GOD

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 1:36 am
Thought this would be a nice thing to bump.
Reading all of the painful threads lately and feeling pain myself...

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 2:25 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Stop blaming Hashem. What you said you have no valuable proof to blame Hashem But when people make mistakes there is objective proof NO Hashem is not baby killer. Humans are. Let’s say you are a parent and you tell your child not to play with matches. Your will is to keep your child safe. Yet your child has choice to listen to you or not. If your child decides he will play with matches and causes fire. Was this your will ? Did u cause it ? Same applies with our GOD

When people die in an earthquake or a tsunami, is that caused by humans?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:19 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
When people die in an earthquake or a tsunami, is that caused by humans?

No. But we are placed on Earth on the condition that we die. Everyone of us is going to die one day of either a disease (heart attack, stroke, cancer etc., even people who "die in their sleep" die of a medical cause if you look at it closely) or an accident or a crime or a natural or man-made catastrophe.
That's part of the package of life. Written in the contract.
We all hope that it will be at 120 after a fulfilling and good life and easy, בע"ה, but there is no escape from it.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:34 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
No. But we are placed on Earth on the condition that we die. Everyone of us is going to die one day of either a disease (heart attack, stroke, cancer etc., even people who "die in their sleep" die of a medical cause if you look at it closely) or an accident or a crime or a natural or man-made catastrophe.
That's part of the package of life. Written in the contract.
We all hope that it will be at 120 after a fulfilling and good life and easy, בע"ה, but there is no escape from it.

That's not exactly news.

A poster was trying to convince us that anything bad that happens in the world cannot be traced to Hashem. That's just wrong. Sometimes there are natural events - like tsunamis or cancer - which cause great suffering and kill innocent children. That doesn't exactly fit with the idea that Hashem doesn't kill babies. Of course He does. And sometimes in the most gruesome ways. Why can't we have the humility to just say we don't understand, instead of trying to find a specific cause for everything? These people who insist that they know how the world works (modern day friends of Iyyov) do more harm than good.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 4:53 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I loved it and felt it’s signif until the last part under trust ...... I believe certain things are his will and certain things are NOT. I do not believe Hashem is baby killer. And therefore I do not believe Hashem”s will is to end life of innocent kids. What Hashem presents humans with is a “free will” and according to our choices he determines best outcome (destiny) according to his determination. Hashem is giver and creator of life. nOT destroyer. He doesn’t go around gifting and punishing.

Are you saying it's out of His control? That He doesn't know and allow exactly what's happening as He is mechadesh every nanosecond of this world, without missing a beat?
Re the bolded: How do you understand the second parasha of Shema?

You say He doesn't go around gifting. What do you mean by that?

ETA: Oops, I see I replied to a 2018 post but since this thread's been bumped, and it's only one page, I'll let it stand.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:53 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
That's not exactly news.

A poster was trying to convince us that anything bad that happens in the world cannot be traced to Hashem. That's just wrong. Sometimes there are natural events - like tsunamis or cancer - which cause great suffering and kill innocent children. That doesn't exactly fit with the idea that Hashem doesn't kill babies. Of course He does. And sometimes in the most gruesome ways. Why can't we have the humility to just say we don't understand, instead of trying to find a specific cause for everything? These people who insist that they know how the world works (modern day friends of Iyyov) do more harm than good.

To continue this train of thought... Say it's late 1930s and Hashem knows that bc he has gifted ppl with free will, there will soon be much evil in the world and babies and children will die. Maybe He offers neshamas the opportunity to come down into this world and live a very short life with the opportunity to die al kiddush Hashem and earn eternal reward.
So He will allow the free will of evil ppl - thus it will ultimately be His Will that these events occur - and yet there can be compassion within this decree that's difficult for earthly eyes to see.
Such a potential background story allows me to make peace with these terrible events, but I know that often I cannot fathom the backstory, yet I have the humility to believe that all is unfolding exactly as Hashem Wills it. Even where I see senseless pain, there is a plan that I cannot see. Nothing is outside the Will of Hashem and ultimately all is for good.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:24 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
To continue this train of thought... Say it's late 1930s and Hashem knows that bc he has gifted ppl with free will, there will soon be much evil in the world and babies and children will die. Maybe He offers neshamas the opportunity to come down into this world and live a very short life with the opportunity to die al kiddush Hashem and earn eternal reward.
So He will allow the free will of evil ppl - thus it will ultimately be His Will that these events occur - and yet there can be compassion within this decree that's difficult for earthly eyes to see.
Such a potential background story allows me to make peace with these terrible events, but I know that often I cannot fathom the backstory, yet I have the humility to believe that all is unfolding exactly as Hashem Wills it. Even where I see senseless pain, there is a plan that I cannot see. Nothing is outside the Will of Hashem and ultimately all is for good.

Maybe your correct. Maybe when people suffer their entire lives and can't get married or have children, or suffer from debilitating illness, it is actually an act of love from hashem. He is giving the recipient of the tzar an opportunity to earn greater reward. This is the comfortable way to think as it paints a somewhat understandable reason to all the suffering. Unfortunately I think the rambams explanation is more reasonable. There is no hashkacha pratis accept for the greatest of the greats. When bad things happen, it's just the randomness that hashem put into the word. I realize it's far more comforting to go with the first explanation, but the rambams theory seems to make more sense.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics