Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training

tryingto

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 9:10 pm
at what age is the best time to start toilet training a child?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 1:36 am
It depends very much on each child. Some are ready at 2 and some only closer to 4.

A better questioned would be 'how do I know when my childs ready'.

Which I can't answer bc I just know my child definitely is not!

Maybe someone else can answer that.

tryingto

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 3:28 am
amother wrote:
It depends very much on each child. Some are ready at 2 and some only closer to 4.

A better questioned would be 'how do I know when my child's ready'.

Which I can't answer bc I just know my child definitely is not!

Maybe someone else can answer that.
my toddler is a very smart kid. She is now 2 and asks me to change her diaper often because she is very uncomfortable when it's a little wet. I am afraid to start the training process. Any advice?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 3:32 am
hencha1 wrote:
my toddler is a very smart kid. She is now 2 and asks me to change her diaper often because she is very uncomfortable when it's a little wet. I am afraid to start the training process. Any advice?

My 2 year old has been doing this since she’s 18 months. If you want to see if she’s ready, you can let her sit on the toilet or potty when you take off her diaper. Mine doesn’t use the toilet yet, but she goes on it all the time :-) when she was younger she wouldn’t even sit on it!

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 1:20 pm
When they have an awareness of the feeling of needing to go and what it means and able to learn the process of what to do I would say. Different for every child. You can start fostering awareness by giving them the words to know what is happening to their body. (I.e. you are making, Mommy is cleaning you, now you are clean!) I have been talking to my son about it since he was under 1 year old, in preparation for future toilet training Smile

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 1:22 pm
My kids all asked independently to use the bathroom occasionally. Since I felt they were ready in other ways, I took the opportunity to train them. If your child is scared to use the toilet, you should definitely wait.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training