Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Colds when to keep home from school?

zigi

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 10:07 am
the guide book from ds schools says that the parent should be aware of the symptoms of illness. this morning my son had a cough and a yellow runny nose, now it went away, but he coughs once in a while. should he have gone to school? my dd and other ds do have colds, I also have a cold. I guess everyone will rest today, what should I do in the future? tia

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 10:11 am
Your school may have its own rules about catchy sicknesses, but for us, we only stay home with throwing up/diarrhea, achiness, or fever. In short, if you can't function, you need to be home.

zigi

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 11:28 am
when my son was in playgroup I would have sent him, but I was also working now that I'm at home things are differant.

gryp

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 12:09 pm
for preschoolers I would keep them home if they had a bad cold, meaning coughing a lot and running to get tissues all day. kids that age don't know how to avoid germs and they catch everything.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 1:09 pm
If it's just a runny nose, I send them because it last weeks. If it's a cough (coughing often) I keep them home.

drumjj

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 1:53 pm
kids always get colds unless its accompanied by a temperature or a very bad cough I agree I would send to school
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics