Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Accidents by Morah
1  2  Next

fatso gal

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:17 pm
My son is 3.5 years old. I only started to send him in to school with underwear in March. He is still having accidents in school and most of them are number one. Twice he had big number two accidents and his Morah throw out his underwhear. I was not happy that they did not send it home but I could understand. Today he had a number two accidents that leaked on to his socks and pants. They threw out all of his dirty cloths. I am very upset as now they are thowing out real cloths. Also when we got home he had diareah. I understand it is gross but leave it up to me if I want to wash those pants. Am I wrong for being very upset at his Morah that she trhew out the cloths?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:23 pm
It's not reasonable to expect a teacher to soak clothes to send them home. You can tell her for next time to wrap anything up in a plastic bag and you'll collect it.

(Btw, the title of this thread had me thinking that the morah was having accidents. Very Happy You know, older women and their bladders.)

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:40 pm
There are some schools that make the mother come clean up and take care of ‘number 2’ accidents. They will not deal with it. At least they cleaned him up.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:42 pm
Is there somewhere for them to store the clothing until you pick him up, in a way they won't make the place smell bad or attract creatures?

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:49 pm
I personally wouldn't want it back. But I do get why u would.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:51 pm
Be thankful that the morah cleaned him up. Should a 3 year old having number 2 accidents be in school?

fatso gal

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:52 pm
I was not expecting the to soak the cloths. All I want was to be the one to make the decision I it was worth it to wash the cloths. Every classroom has a bathroom. They could have left it bagged up in the bathroom and handed it to me when I came to get him. I would have like to be called to pick him up as he has a stomach virus. Just earlier this week they made me pick up my one year old who threw up after getting all worked up when I dropped him off. They sent home those dirty clothes to be washed.

ohmygosh

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:25 pm
I would expect the clothes to be put in a plastic bag and sent home with my child for me to either clean or discard.

Let the morah know that this is what you would like.

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:28 pm
Whenever my kids had accidents...number two included..the dirty clothes were bagged and sent home to me. Why don’t u ask the Morah to bag the clothing if it happens again

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:37 pm
I have'nt taught preschool in almost 10 years, but I vividly recall how awful #2 accidents were to deal with. A million times worse than a dirty diaper, because that was contained. (and don't forget that it's totally different for you because it's your kid). We always threw out the underwear. I don't remember about the other clothes. I cannot imagine wanting them back in that state, and I wouldn't expect them to be sent back if it was my child.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:38 pm
amother wrote:

(Btw, the title of this thread had me thinking that the morah was having accidents. Very Happy You know, older women and their bladders.)
Thumbs Up

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:43 pm
I work in a preschool. I'm an assistant. The first time I cleaned up after a poop accident I was going to throw the underwear away but double checked with the teacher first who told me to bag it up and send it home with the child. Honestly I was shocked because personally it was soooo gross and I would never want that sent home to me. But I learned that's not what everyone wants! I'd never ever ever throw away pants and shirts though. I assume those are usually slightly more expensive and not as easy to replace.

so our policy is to tripple bag everything and warn the parent who picks the child up from school what is in the bag :-p

Make sure to make it clear to your child's teacher that you want the clothing back you don't care how dirty they are- just to bag them up and send them home.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:45 pm
Op, you mentioned that your son has diharea. The accident was probably so bad the it was all over & I can just imagine how disgusted the teacher was to handle the clothing...
I also throw away after a bad accident. Question

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 4:19 am
I agree.
They could chuck it in the bin or chuck it in a bag that you’ll pick up.
But IME I get a call immediately after such an accident. (One time dd was all soiled sitting on the toilet for 10 min till I got there. They didn’t tell me that, I would’ve brought wipes and stuff.)

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 4:45 am
amother wrote:
There are some schools that make the mother come clean up and take care of ‘number 2’ accidents. They will not deal with it. At least they cleaned him up.

It's a choice to put up with this. There are working women, women with little baby home, pregnant women, women who don't drive...

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 6:57 am
Your concern should not be with your sons clothing. I'd hope the morah will still like my son! I barely do when they do stuff like that...
It is wrong of teacher to throw out. It is not hers to decide but if I were a morah I'd write that in the beginning of yr letters. If that's her way of dealing w such accidents she has every right. But parents should be told

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 7:50 am
amother wrote:
Your concern should not be with your sons clothing. I'd hope the morah will still like my son! I barely do when they do stuff like that...
It is wrong of teacher to throw out. It is not hers to decide but if I were a morah I'd write that in the beginning of yr letters. If that's her way of dealing w such accidents she has every right. But parents should be told

You barely like your son when he has an accident? Scratching Head

bel

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 8:52 am
One child of mine had a number two accident and the teacher sent home the clothes, but to tell you the truth by the time I got the dirty clothing it was so gross I just through it out.
Most proberly the teacher saw it was really gross and not worth saving, plus if it really smells very bad its hard for the teacher to keep that dirty clothing in the classroom.
If you want her to keep the clothing you should tell her and offer to pick it up soon .its not fair to expect a teacher and kids to stay in a smelly room.

OutATowner

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 9:54 am
I would have wanted it in a bag. I have a 6 (!!) Year old student who kept having accidents. Long story. He was older, so we gave him wipes and told him to wipe. He refused. He would walk around and it was such an awful odor. After two incidents where we cleaned helped him clean up, we started calling the mother while he waited in the bathroom. It waa terrible. But...no matter how bad the clothes were, we doubled bagged it before she came (to help with the stench) and let the mother decide. There are washing machines. I would feel like I am stealing if I threw out another kid's clothes.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 10:05 am
amother wrote:
Op, you mentioned that your son has diharea. The accident was probably so bad the it was all over & I can just imagine how disgusted the teacher was to handle the clothing...
I also throw away after a bad accident. Question

Yes is gross - but leaving the child in dirty clothes isn't an option. Take clothes off child - put in plastic bag. put plastic bag in plastic bag. put plastic bag in plastic bag. (obviously, clean up child and his surroundings).

Hand bag-in-bag-in-bag to parent (rather than disposing in the trash).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training