Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
To treat molluscum
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 9:57 pm
I don’t live near you but have too much experience with mollescum. I have found that they are contagious when they are red/irritated looking and in your case bleeding. I covered those spots with a bandaid so that it shouldn’t spread further. I also admit to popping some of them against doctors advice. It is the white ‘ball’ inside the pimple that is contagious. Not really puss, it will hold together if you pull it out with a tweezer. I haven’t seen any lasting scars. When I left it to run it’s course my child had about 80 before it went away a yr and a half from when it started.

I originally posted a longer response but it got deleted. If you have other q, you are welcome to ask here.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 10:14 pm
Oy
My daughter has about 50 now, we saw dermatologist and are putting on trentinoin (or something like that) as per dr. Prescription. He says they should be gone in 2 months and if not we will reevaluate.
Dr. Is in Nassau County (by LIJ ) if you are willing to travel, I'll share his info.

4pom

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:37 am
My kids had it - looking back I see it as evidence of immune deficiency and I should have given supplements.
We tried diluted clove oil .. and acv
Cant remember what finally worked. They were little and it went eventually. But at first gave me a lot if aggravation.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 8:01 pm
Dd has had a small patch on her side for YEARS. It's been checked & biopsied. Sometimes it's been painful. She is an adult now, and sometimes it gets irritated as it'sunder her bra band. Gonna recommend she read this thread for ideas on self treating it.

It never spread and no one ever caught it from her. B"H.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 8:07 pm
amother wrote:
Dd has had a small patch on her side for YEARS. It's been checked & biopsied. Sometimes it's been painful. She is an adult now, and sometimes it gets irritated as it'sunder her bra band. Gonna recommend she read this thread for ideas on self treating it.

It never spread and no one ever caught it from her. B"H.

It’s probably something else. This goes away on its own after about 2 - yes

chesed

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 8:19 pm
A few of my kids have these. I recently started using a natural cream . its called naturalife wart remover, and some of the mollescums have started drying up. So I am hopeful. they are really ugly .

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:
Oy
My daughter has about 50 now, we saw dermatologist and are putting on trentinoin (or something like that) as per dr. Prescription. He says they should be gone in 2 months and if not we will reevaluate.
Dr. Is in Nassau County (by LIJ ) if you are willing to travel, I'll share his info.

Update: almost all gone.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 8:54 pm
Speak to your doc about giving zantac.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8844752
It takes bet 3 weeks and 2 months to work.

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:34 pm
Tazorac rx cream helped a lot. My daughter had on her face. One had to be removed surgically it got so big and infected

babysmum

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:47 pm
Tea tree oil and a bandaid is what worked for me. My daughter had abt 30 pimples. I bought the tiny square patch bandaids and put some diluted tee tree oil on each one. Kept it covered and changer every 48 hours was gone wirhin 3 weeks.

phila

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:49 pm
The only thing to do about it is have patience and eventually they all go away. It might take a year! And I asked my pediatrician about swimming and he said yes its contagious at the pool but that's life. Lots of kids have it and pass it around and you aren't gonna keep a kid out of the pool all summer because of it. But each kid can only get it once so I guess that's good

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:52 pm
amother wrote:
Oy

Can you please give me his info?

Nymo2

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:08 pm
Worked for me too

YHM wrote:
This worked for my son too.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:38 pm
amother wrote:
It’s probably something else. This goes away on its own after about 2 - yes

I would agree, except that it's been diagnosed as molluscum a few times by different drs.

nyc123

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 12:19 am
amother wrote:
I would agree, except that it's been diagnosed as molluscum a few times by different drs.

If it really is molluscum then her immune system may be weak because it should have fought it off by now... does she have any auto immune or inflammatory conditions? She should look into her immune function.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 1:27 am
amother wrote:
Can you please give me his info?

Dr. Robert Hayman and Dr. Leonard Kristal (516) 352-6151
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers