Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Accidents by Morah
Previous  1  2

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 10:22 am
OP, just wanted to say - it is very kind of your Morah to allow a three and a half year old child into her playgroup who is still having accidents. Many Morahs will not take in a child like that, so be grateful that she's putting up with it, and write off the clothing as a loss. Speaking as a mother of a few children and a former Morah.

Librarian

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 1:47 pm
I have been Playgroup morah for 3 & 4 year olds for many years. Our policy is to call the mom to come clean up a #2 accident. So while I do not think they should throw out clothing, I do think it is very nice of them to clean it up at all.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 1:56 pm
Absolutely wrong of morah to throw out clothes without permission. Underwear yes, clothes, no. I also don’t understand posters who think a 3.5 year old child who has accidents shouldn’t be allowed in school. Every child has their things, what would you like this mother to do? Keep the kid home all year?

avital613

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 9:56 pm
while I agree that ideally a morah should not discard a child's clothing without checking with the parents first, I don't think that it would be right to blame the teacher for the decision that they made in the heat of the moment while cleaning up what sounds like quite an unpleasant mess

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Feb 23 2019, 12:46 pm
I've never had this issue, so I'm wondering - what do the kids wear if they ruined their clothes? Do they just run around nude from the waist down for the rest of the day?

Spaghetti7

Post Sat, Feb 23 2019, 12:56 pm
I would say most gans for 3 year olds should be asking for a spare set of clothes for each child to be kept at the gan for such accidents as this.
Kids have accidents, it happens, numbers one and two, and for some kids, it happens more than for others. Poor little things, imagine how embarrassed they feel?
I'm an assistant morah. I clean them up with gloves on, try not to breathe in too much, give them lots of sympathy, and send home all the clothes in a bag (yes, gross. As an mom too I would probably throw that out if it got sent home to me, but that would be my choice).
I don't think a morah should be making the decision to throw those clothes out, no matter how gross they are, they're not her clothes.

Blue jay

Post Sat, Feb 23 2019, 8:16 pm
Op, Have your child wear pull-ups to school and continue the toilet training at home and switch back to underwear once you are confident there will be less accidents.Does the Morah allow pull ups?

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Feb 23 2019, 9:04 pm
I'm an assistant Morah. We have kids that are older than 3 and some kids are younger than 3. By us we throw out underwear but pants and clothing we bag and send home. I used to send home the underwear too but the teacher I work with told me to throw out the underwear.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Feb 23 2019, 9:37 pm
As a mom who knows your issue too well, I understand you. I would also be annoyed if they threw away my son's pants. Not everyone can afford to fill in extra clothes throughout the season, I know for myself it's very difficult and adds up quickly (even for just underwear!) Though my son's school makes me come in every time he soils #2 to change him. It's very frustrating especially when I'm in work, or unavailable. I try to just swallow it and say gam zu letova and hope this phase passes through quickly without lasting effects...
And to the posters who say "should he be in school if he's pooping in his pants" please don't judge, an issue like this can sadly continue for years.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training