Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How to disable youtube on basic phone?

syaem

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 2:17 pm
We added our ds to our phone plan, and he got a new basic phone . This phone has youtube capability and he (and we) want it disabled. Does anyone have any idea how to do that?

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 3:10 pm
first off that's not a basic phone if it has YouTube and that's very clear. the second thing is you could go to the Google Play Store and block it and disable it over there but then again the child will have the browser which is it internet searching icon and they'll be able to watch YouTube over there so the best thing is go to tag and tag will break your phone

onlyone

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 3:52 pm
I know its not what you asked, but why do you want it disabled? I have two kids with electronics with internet , a 12 year old daughter with a smartphone, and an 8 year old daughter with a tablet. They both go on YouTube and to my knowledge have never come across anything inappropriate. We monitor their phones/tablets, and have a good filter on our network.

bestme

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 3:56 pm
What filter do you use?

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 5:09 pm
onlyone wrote:
I know its not what you asked, but why do you want it disabled? I have two kids with electronics with internet , a 12 year old daughter with a smartphone, and an 8 year old daughter with a tablet. They both go on YouTube and to my knowledge have never come across anything inappropriate. We monitor their phones/tablets, and have a good filter on our network.

I hope you don’t end up having a rude awakening about this. Stuff on Youtube can be pretty inappropriate. It’s good that you have a filter.

syaem

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 5:10 pm
Op here My son is older, and he told me that if he wanted, he can get around those filters. He prefers not to have in a first place.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 6:41 pm
onlyone wrote:

I respect your decision but I have cousins that wanted to go OTD and the internet made it happen faster. Again they did want to go off before that.

singleagain

Post Sat, Jun 09 2018, 10:06 pm
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I.....phone
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children