Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Allergy friendly birthday cake and/or cookies

YSC

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 4:12 am
Hi everyone!
Having a bit of a hard time coming up with recipes, so I thought I'd come ask you lovely ladies.
Here is the list of can't s:
Egg whites (yolks are ok)
Gluten
Oat
Rice
Ameranth
Potato
Pea
Soy
Dairy
Most nuts (pecans and walnuts are ok, but expensive, so I would like to limit if possible)

There are more, but those seem like the only ones that might come up in a dessert recipe.

Does anyone have any ideas what I CAN make?
Completely at a loss. Tried google searching, but I'd really love something tried and true.

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited by YSC on Thu, Jun 07 2018, 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Raisin

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 4:19 am
I think the below fits your criteria, just leave out the egg whites. My husband loves this cake but its very rich and may not be very child friendly if its for a kid.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....torte

ingredients:

6 oz chocolate - any kind (I used the bag of Oppenheimer's pareve choc chips which are delicious)
1/2 cup oil, any kind

Melt. If you have a big enough pan, you can mix the cake in there too.

3/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt, any kind
1-2 tsp coffee, optional
3 eggs
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Add the above ingredients, mix thoroughly, and bake in small (8" round) greased pan for half an hour at 350 deg.

(I just quadrupled the recipe and baked it in 2 9 by 13 shallow pans.)

YSC

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 4:27 am
Thank you so much Rasin. I'll have to try this. I have a similar recipe that called for flour instead of Cocoa that we love (the littles included). Interested to try it this way, and possibly without the coffee since we're trying to limit the kids' caffeine intake.

animeme

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 4:33 am
I make ice cream cake. Look for a kind that fits the allergy requirements, or two kinds for variety. Soften and spread one into a pan. Crush gluten free cookies, or use a crunchy cereal that can be had, mix with choloate chips, and spread over layer. Freeze. Melt and spread second layer of ice cream. Decorate as desired.

YSC

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 4:45 am
animeme wrote:
I make ice cream cake. Look for a kind that fits the allergy requirements, or two kinds for variety. Soften and spread one into a pan. Crush gluten free cookies, or use a crunchy cereal that can be had, mix with choloate chips, and spread over layer. Freeze. Melt and spread second layer of ice cream. Decorate as desired.

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately most ice cream is either soy, nut or dairy, and even the coconut ones I've found have rice in them. All the homemade ones I've seen use egg whites for structure. Also I've yet to find a gf cookie that doesn't have either rice, ameranth, or soy (or all of the above!)

emunahmother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 4:59 am
what have you done in the past? I know you may not want to repeat but Maybe thst can help us with direction. Or maybe we can help use that recipe and change it up a bit to give it a different feel.

YSC

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 5:40 am
Just got these allergy results, so I don't really have a "done before" just yet

bestme

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 6:10 am
There are different types of chocolate bark that don't use these ingredients.
Just mix 2 or 3 ingredients together with chocolate.
Pomegranate seeds
Coconut
Chopped pretzels
Chopped nuts
Marshmallows
White chocolate chips
Dried Cranberry
Chopped dried fruits
Melt the chocolate and mix with 2 or 3 ingredients. Spread out the mixture onto a baking sheet and let cool. Break into pieces.
Good Luck!!!

simcha2

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 9:44 am
Can they have chickpeas? Have a chocolate cake that is delicious that uses chickpeas

SesameSeeds

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:40 am
I would love to get the recipe that uses chickpeas...

YSC

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 12:18 pm
@simcha2 Id love a chickpea recipe! I've been making black bean brownies and chickpea blondies for ages, but both recipes call for oats which are on the no no list now

YSC

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 12:23 pm
bestme wrote:
There are different types of chocolate bark that don't use these ingredients.
Just mix 2 or 3 ingredients together with chocolate.
Pomegranate seeds
Coconut
Chopped pretzels
Chopped nuts
Marshmallows
White chocolate chips
Dried Cranberry
Chopped dried fruits
Melt the chocolate and mix with 2 or 3 ingredients. Spread out the mixture onto a baking sheet and let cool. Break into pieces.
Good Luck!!!

I make chocolate bark all the time! So yum! But looking for more of a baked good, like a cake or cookies

simcha2

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 1:12 pm
YSC wrote:
@simcha2 Id love a chickpea recipe! I've been making black bean brownies and chickpea blondies for ages, but both recipes call for oats which are on the no no list now

1.5c chocolate chips
1 can chickpeas
4 eggs (or egg substitute)
3/4c sugar
1/2t baking powder
1t vanilla

Preheat 350.- grease 9" pan.
Melt chocolate chips
Combine chickpeas (drained) and eggs in food processor until completely smooth. Add chocolate, blend. Add other ingredients. Bake 40 minutes

tichellady

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 3:10 pm
Could this work?

https://minimalistbaker.com/no.....31621

Fruit kebabs are also pretty and festive

YSC

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:00 pm
Simcha, looks Yum! Can't wait to try it!

Tichellady, hmm. Almonds are a no no and I'm not sure of a sub for almond flour.

Made the torte for this last Shabbos. I used good dark chocolate instead of the chocolate chips, since I'm out of the klp ones and the year round have soy. It was devoured, but I think it would have been better with a good 55% instead of the 72% I used. It was a touch too bitter, but will likely make this again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins