Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best bra for droopy breasts
1  2  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 1:39 pm
Nothing holds me right
Either I’m coming out of it or there’s not enough support.
Yes, I have gone for a fitting many times.., can’t seem to come home with a good bra though...
I’m in between sizes... around 38D (sometimes 36 sometimes DD)
Any suggestions and links appreciated!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 1:45 pm
Try going down a number and up a letter. Don’t go for a minimizer, you need some shape. Make sure all your breast tissue is comfortably inside the cup, not bulging out the sides or top. The band should hug you without digging in and not floating between your breasts.
I’ve been happy with Bali.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 2:32 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Try going down a number and up a letter. Don’t go for a minimizer, you need some shape. Make sure all your breast tissue is comfortably inside the cup, not bulging out the sides or top. The band should hug you without digging in and not floating between your breasts.
I’ve been happy with Bali.

This.
When we made a simcha, the seamstress wouldn't work on my gown till I (finally) got a good bra, and when I was fitted, I learned the bolded.
But I assume you were too? Did you have this experience of finding out that you weren't the size you thought you were? IOW, have your tried this already?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 2:57 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
This.
When we made a simcha, the seamstress wouldn't work on my gown till I (finally) got a good bra, and when I was fitted, I learned the bolded.
But I assume you were too? Did you have this experience of finding out that you weren't the size you thought you were? IOW, have your tried this already?

I honestly don’t know what size I really am since every time I get measured it’s different! Also I have had body changes...
I end up spending close to an hour in the fitting room while the fitter brings me every possible size. At the end I get something that fits but doesn’t offer much support for the droopy issue.

PassionFruit

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 3:00 pm
I had the same prob for years till I discovered va beIN with the x in front and added darts. Looks great!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
I honestly don’t know what size I really am since every time I get measured it’s different! Also I have had body changes...
I end up spending close to an hour in the fitting room while the fitter brings me every possible size. At the end I get something that fits but doesn’t offer much support for the droopy issue.

It's one thing if the fitter brings you a bunch to try on in similar sizes, different styles, but she should be able to zoom in on your size, between eyeballing and properly measuring.

I assume you're going to a lingerie shop, or a better store like Nordstrom's?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 3:29 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
It's one thing if the fitter brings you a bunch to try on in similar sizes, different styles, but she should be able to zoom in on your size, between eyeballing and properly measuring.

I assume you're going to a lingerie shop, or a better store like Nordstrom's?

Saposh
Tafi
Hosiery plus
to name a few...

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 3:32 pm
amother wrote:
Saposh
Tafi
Hosiery plus
to name a few...

Wow. No advice, just best wishes that you find a good bra.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 3:56 pm
I'm same size. Or, I was until I just had my baby.. Wacoal!! Holds up well, very supportive. Only minus is I had to buy inserts since the kind I liked support wise was lace and didn't want nipples to show.
Order or try on your size + next two cup sizes up & see what works best for you. I didn't want to order expensive bra for nursing since cup size can change but I was so fed up nothing worked and splurged. So much better.

Good luck!

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 4:16 pm
amother wrote:
I'm same size. Or, I was until I just had my baby.. Wacoal!! Holds up well, very supportive. Only minus is I had to buy inserts since the kind I liked support wise was lace and didn't want nipples to show.
Order or try on your size + next two cup sizes up & see what works best for you. I didn't want to order expensive bra for nursing since cup size can change but I was so fed up nothing worked and splurged. So much better.

Good luck!

Which Wacoal style #? Or link? Thanks!

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 6:29 pm
I wear the Chantelle bras. They are literally the most expensive ones, but once you experience them you can't go back down. Also, a good fitter should be able to show you how to adjust the straps and possible make alterations to them-they may need to be shortened.

healthymom1

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:57 pm
I love thirdlove bras...
They are so comfortable and they tell you which bra would be best for your shaped boobs. (They would call it's relaxed).
So easy to return or exchange

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
Which Wacoal style #? Or link? Thanks!

Nursing or regular?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
Nursing or regular?

Regular

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 1:13 am
Chantelle underwire

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 5:02 am
amother wrote:
Regular

I hope to remember to look at tag in morning.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 5:50 am
Nursing really changed my bra size and shape. It was totally worth it, but my body will never look the same again.

Femina bras saved my sanity. It's the next best thing to plastic surgery.

They have padding in the lower half of the cup, that lifts up the sagging breast tissue into a more proper shape. There is enough structure in the bra that it doesn't need an underwire, and it doesn't cut into your shoulders or pinch around the ribs.

I am super sensory, and despise bras. This is the only model that makes me look good, and I can tolerate wearing it for a full day.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:20 am
Edith lanths is the best.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:33 am
I second Edith Lance... Lane Bryant is also good

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:36 am
Nueschloss has Chantelle
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics