Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working with large family and young baby is it possible?

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 10:40 pm
I have a large family from teens down to young baby who is nursing every couple hours and not sleeping well at night. My husband lost his job recently but is doing an online course. I have a job 5-8hrs a week. Is it crazy for me to get more work? I have canceled my cleaner My toddler goes to playgroup 2 mornings a week but is home the rest of the time. I end up with a lot of appointments with all the kids.
Anyone out there with large families and babies and work? How many hrs do you work. How do you do it?

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 10:44 pm
In short yes. There are many ladies with large family that work and make it work (pun intended Wink). 5-8 hours a week definitely is a good way to start to see how you are coping with that.
I currently have 7 children ranging from a baby who is turning 1 soon to the oldest who is 10 1/2 and work around 5 hours daily and know many others working with similar size families..

Hatzlocha with your decision either way, I hope it goes smoothly!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 10:51 pm
Can your husband pitch in? Watching the toddler, taking kids to appointments, etc.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 10:58 pm
One of my closest friends has 13 kids. 3 are married. Her husband is still learning. She works out of the house a scheduled 5 hours a day at a steady job. She also goes to people's homes to do additional work at night. She takes in work to do at home.

Her house is peacefully run. Her kids have beautiful midos.

I have another friend who supports her husband working four jobs. She has 7 kids and the oldest is 10. Again, she has a beautiful house and family.

nicole81

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:09 pm
I have 6 kids, teens down to a nursing newborn. I work 40-50 hours per week. It's worth it for me to have a full time in-house babysitter and housekeeper, my husband has flexibility with his job and also does more for the household than I do, my older kids all have a lot of responsibilities, and we are extremely organized (not talking about physical objects Very Happy ) and routinized with our time. Right now it's hard, and I'm tired. But I did the same thing two years ago with one less child and it became such a breeze after a while that I gave it another go.

kerem

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:09 pm
I honestly don’t know how these people do it. I would not be able to handle working outside the home, especially sincr I have teenagers and I don’t ever have the house quiet. I do work from home, but I can’t see myself going out, especially with a baby in the house.
Good luck to you!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:28 pm
kerem wrote:
I honestly don’t know how these people do it. I would not be able to handle working outside the home, especially sincr I have teenagers and I don’t ever have the house quiet. I do work from home, but I can’t see myself going out, especially with a baby in the house.
Good luck to you!
you do what you got to do...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics