Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Daughter didn't sing at her preschool graduation
Previous  1  2

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 6:31 pm
amother wrote:
Op here,
Thanks everyone for your kind and understanding responses,
My daughter, who is 3 and a half btw, kept on singing and doing the motions at home, and her Morah said she sang loudly in school as well
But...she's 3 and got overwhelmed by the crowd , but she was still a cutie Lady

By us they don’t do any performances for nursery kids. Age three is way too young to perform in front of a crowd.
My son did not move nor open his mouth at his chumash seuda. Some sing, some don’t..... it doesn’t reflect on their smartness or social skills.

R3D

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 1:04 am
DS did the same to me this year by his graduation! practiced loudly at home and even infront of some aunts but when it came to the actual play he didnt open his mouth. I was stunned, but then again my others did the same. For their following plays I knew to talk to them about it before. If you sing loudly and do all the motions you get a $10 prize. if you only sing and no motions or only motions and no singing its a $5 prize. b"h it has always worked.

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 2:21 am
My kids kindergarden does a 'show' for Chanukah, Purim and end of year. The kids and moms sit in a big circle together, we know they know the songs but the morahs do the singing and if the kids join in we all know it's a bonus, for some songs the kids ate invited/encouraged to go into the middle of the circle to dance or do motions, with or without mummy.
I always go anticipating a nice cuddle and some quality time with my child, if they sing is great, otherwise we had a cuddle anyway.
After the singing is a couple of crafts, cookie decorating, etc which all the kids always join in.

vicki

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 4:31 am
R3D wrote:
DS did the same to me this year by his graduation! practiced loudly at home and even infront of some aunts but when it came to the actual play he didnt open his mouth. I was stunned, but then again my others did the same. For their following plays I knew to talk to them about it before. If you sing loudly and do all the motions you get a $10 prize. if you only sing and no motions or only motions and no singing its a $5 prize. b"h it has always worked.

I'm glad it worked for you. My issue with this proposal is that if the child can't, they usually want to very much they just can't. They may even visualize themselves joining in.
But then they will feel like twice the failure. Couldn't perform and missed out on the prize money too.

happy mommy6

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:35 pm
As so many mentioned, it's so normal!
The preschool here stopped nursery graduation. Parents and teachers are so happy!

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 10:35 pm
I’m told that at my preschool graduation I spent the first few minutes searching out my mom in the crowd and when I found her I burst into stormy tears because she didn’t join me on stage when I signaled with my index finger for her “come here.” At my Siddur Party I had a part that I proudly rehearsed a thousand times and then completely spaced out and forgot to do at all during the actual performance. I was pretty bummed out after that. Ahhh, preschool productions.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers