Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Better house or Better block?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 1:01 pm
House A is on a great frum block. Its a little small and has kitchen which is smaller than a big bathroom. It is definitely big enough for the next five seven years or so and is on a decent lot so we can make an addition. However I cant guarantee we will have the money for an addition especially since we would like to have more kids.

House B is nice sized house that would never need an addition. No one is frum on the block yet but there are frum people around the corner and if a house on that block does go for sale it will probably sell to frum people.

Both houses are going for around the same price and both are move in ready.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 1:03 pm
If house B has the potential to soon be like house A in terms of the neighbors, I'd go with it. But I think there's tremendous value in raising kids on great frum block, so it's definitely something to consider....however if a very small kitchen will seriously cramp your style, it's also something to consider....

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 1:18 pm
House B — if the frum area is expanding in that direction.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 1:23 pm
Bbbbbbbbbb. It's around the corner, not a different neighborhood.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 1:29 pm
I personally would go for the bigger house - that's where I spend most of my time, not outside with the neighbors. If it's a nice area and frum people around the block that would be good enough for me.

simba

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 1:54 pm
Another vote for B.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 1:56 pm
defo house B if its abigger house at same cost others will think like you and buy on the block. hidden are expanding all over.
we bought on a street with 3 frum people only - all waaay older than us. since, they all movedn ut and we have about 20 young families on the block...literally 3 or 4 move in a year!!

bestme

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 2:35 pm
Since house B has frum families around the corner, I would go for house B.

debsey

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 2:41 pm
Normally I'd say A. But if the neighborhood is expanding rapidly, then it sounds like you'll have frum neighbors within five years.

However, on block A, the neighbors are a known quantity. There's nothing better than good, nice, welcoming neighbors, and nothing more grating than ones you don't fit in well with.

On block B, you may end up with neighbors that you don't get along with. That makes it a bit of a gamble.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 3:18 pm
debsey wrote:
Normally I'd say A. But if the neighborhood is expanding rapidly, then it sounds like you'll have frum neighbors within five years.

However, on block A, the neighbors are a known quantity. There's nothing better than good, nice, welcoming neighbors, and nothing more grating than ones you don't fit in well with.

On block B, you may end up with neighbors that you don't get along with. That makes it a bit of a gamble.

Just want to note that new neighbors are never really a fully known quantity - unless you already know them personally. I mean it is possible to get along well with non-Jewish neighbors & not get along well with frum neighbors, so please keep that in mind as well.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
Just want to note that new neighbors are never really a fully known quantity - unless you already know them personally. I mean it is possible to get along well with non-Jewish neighbors & not get along well with frum neighbors, so please keep that in mind as well.

That's a great point. Your frum block may keep their small children up late every night playing unsupervised outside but you might be an early to bed type, allow children to do things before you'd allow yours, be okay with children littering your yard with food wrappers when you might be neat. You'd get a lot of peer pressure from such situations to deal with. Around the corner although not frum, u could end up with neighbors your type otherwise. You won't know until you've already chosen.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 4:38 pm
Once you buy house B other people will hear that you moved to the block and more Frum families will start moving in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating