Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Doona

lolymom

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 4:58 pm
Anyone have a Doona they would like to sell or know of somewhere I can get a Doona at a discounted price? I had a baby and I love the idea but can’t afford such a pricey car seat...

kiryat sefer

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 6:46 pm
My personal opinion dont get it because its a pain in the neck and it's good up to six months.

sleepless

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:34 pm
kiryat sefer wrote:
My personal opinion dont get it because its a pain in the neck and it's good up to six months.

Why do you say it's a pain in the neck?

smileyfaces

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:39 pm
kiryat sefer wrote:

Everyone I know who has it loves it. It’s very convenient for in and out of the car.
Also it’s good until a child transitions out of an infant car seat. So you’re getting the same use out of it as an infant car seat.

trixx

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:24 pm
kiryat sefer wrote:

I used it for over a year. Baby still fit safely both height and weight.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:40 pm
kiryat sefer wrote:

My baby is still in at 15 months. Love it!

tobee

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:40 pm
My sil said it's very heavy, she is right after a baby so maybe that has something to do with it.... I don't have a baby so I can't weigh in just putting it out there if anyone can confirm or deny.

happy mommy6

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:28 pm
A,physical therapist was speaking at an event and said it causes toro collis for baby, as well as back strain for women because of c all the lifting.

clowny

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:34 pm
smileyfaces wrote:
Everyone I know who has it loves it. It’s very convenient for in and out of the car.
Also it’s good until a child transitions out of an infant car seat. So you’re getting the same use out of it as an infant car seat.

Plus it’s an infant seat on wheels-for the house.
I have it and I absolutely love it.

clowny

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:37 pm
tobee wrote:
My sil said it's very heavy, she is right after a baby so maybe that has something to do with it.... I don't have a baby so I can't weigh in just putting it out there if anyone can confirm or deny.

It is heavy, though I’m not sure if it’s heavier than any other infant car seat. But even if it is, it’s on wheels the second it’s out of the car so the only time you might have to lift it is when using stairs

tweety1

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:38 pm
happy mommy6 wrote:
A,physical therapist was speaking at an event and said it causes toro collis for baby, as well as back strain for women because of c all the lifting.

Why would it cause torticillis more than a regular car seat??

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 10:33 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Why would it cause torticillis more than a regular car seat??

This. As long as you give your baby ample tummy time and don’t drive in the car all day- what’s the difference??

As for the back strain- how ironic. this is precisely why my mom gifted me with it. I have a very bad back and she was worried I will have to carry around a heavy car seat (as it’s annoying to take out a snap and go every time).

I only have to carry it to put in it and out of the car but the rest of the time it’s in wheels. Extremely convenient and worth every penny.

Anyway, poor op didn’t want information she wanted to know where she can purchase a used one from...

Sorry op! I’m not giving mine up!!

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:27 am
I recently had my fifth child (he is three months old) and got the doona for him. It's amazing I wish they were around for my older kids.
It is so convient for running errands when I am alone this way I don't have to schlep baby's large stroller worry about holding baby while folding and fitting in the trunk it is all so easy.
Also when we travel as a family our 7 seater doesn't have much trunk space and this way we don't have to worry about packing our car roof carrier (we call them chimigag in Israel) just for the stroller.
It's perfect for visiting and doing errands but not as a full time stroller.
I did not find the doona that much more expensive than a good quality infant seat. However we do have a stroller and bassinet from previous child (now 6) but car seat that fit in had expired.
I don't know if it would be worth it if I did not already have a "travel system".
We bought ours from display and saved 200 nis.

mizle10

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 1:17 pm
What do you do with it when your in a grocery store or supermarket? My regular carseat I just lift and put in the shopping cart but the one time I tried the doona it was SO heavy I cant imagine lifting it that high with baby inside. And what about steps to your house?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics