Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
San Diego

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 5:04 pm
Anyone live there?
Please tell me how big is the yeshivish community if there is?
And how much is real estate, 3,4 bedroom house
Tia

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 6:30 pm
There is no yeshiva community. 3-4 bedroom house ranges from 600's to several millions depending if you live in the college area or La Jolla. The houses in the 600's will be about a 1500-1800 square feet ranch with no basement that needs lots of work.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 6:35 pm
how about renting - one or two bedroom?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:06 pm
Apartment rental (in a building) for 2 bedroom is about $1500 for 900 square feet in the college area, however, there are rarely vacancies. In LA Jolla it is much higher and a very very far walk from the shul.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:13 pm
Thanks, Periwinkle. Thinking about retirement here. How about a one bedroom and within a half mile from an Orthodox shul?

SDmother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:19 pm
Beth Jacob San Diego (the main shul in San Diego) owns 2 apartment complexes on their grounds. A 1 bedroom I beleive is about $1000 a month. There are other apartments nearby but almost exclusively rented by college students because SDSU is down the block.

Ellie7

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:58 pm
I would ask what you want in a community. Because San Diego can be wonderful, but if you're coming from NY, for instance, you're going to be missing a lot of the amenities of the frum community. For instance, as was said, there's no such thing as a yeshivish communityā€”there are several totally mixed religious communities where basically anything goes.

Like I said, there are many wonderful things about San Diego, but I'd suggest you visit for a while to make sure you'd be ok.

There are also other options aside from La Jolla and the College Area (though those are the biggest).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating